EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:00 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by brucelee
Bryan, no one was bashing your shop or your shops reputation, the only person in question is Shiggy. We all know your business practices and that you're a very reputable shop with honest people working there, you were never in question...

Daniel, sorry I took it the wrong way. My apologies to you. Much thanks for the props of Auto Headquarter!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:07 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by JasaJin
Ive had the cobb tuning once before and now i plan on doing the shiggy tune.

Yeah, it is pricey and gonna hurt me budget wise but im thinking it will be worth it in the long run.

A: Who it's coming from
B: COBB isnt as cracked up as they make it to be
C: well I wont go into C....
Are you comparing a vehicle specific tune (pro tune) to a tune that is bundled with an AP (OTS map)?

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Very good question. It's definitely old technology and there are better alternatives nowadays.

I went with Ecutek because I found a cheap ecu w/ license. Then I went to GST and Mike did his thing. I only run one map so didn't need the AP. I did the math and Ecutek was my best option at the time. I'm thinking about switching over to AP so I can have the multiple map option. I believe ecutek has a map switch feature something to do with AT/MT. Nothing like the AP though. I've also been thinking about purchasing a delta dash and just flash the map I want to run.
Thats pretty much what the general consensus is. Just wondering if there was anything I missed.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
well considering that Ecutek is his... im assuming the man in charge of it would be the best at his own ****... just food for thought...
Best way to put it..
Old 03-01-2009, 02:17 AM

Car Info: Nadda
The guy is good with his instrument. You wouldn't give a guy who plays the guitar a piano and say do your thing!

And the only element that would be different than any other tuner is that he has education from Japan. Point being, if you think its worth worth it, then do it. If not then don't. I doubt, unless maybe you're a pro tuner yourself (which you aren't because you have taken your car to a reputable shop) then you won't know where and how much of a difference one tuner does to spend making that extra few HPs or not.

Its their business, you are your business.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Ballz
Daniel, sorry I took it the wrong way. My apologies to you. Much thanks for the props of Auto Headquarter!
Yeah, no worries... I could see how you'd see that as flaming since were being kinda vague as to whom we were talking about... But you should have known better, I'd never flame a reputable vendor.

It was just weird to see a tuner take so long and charge so much for something that takes other tuners half the time and money.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 00 BRP RS LIC'd 01 EJ207 + non DCCD 6 Speed
Damnit, see this is perfect for someone like me who has a JDM swap and has to run a JDM ECU....Cobb AP's don't work on the JDM ECU's so I'm stuck with EcuTek
Old 03-01-2009, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Like Kyle said, "Hugz tiem now"..
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by EndlessWaltz RS
Damnit, see this is perfect for someone like me who has a JDM swap and has to run a JDM ECU....Cobb AP's don't work on the JDM ECU's so I'm stuck with EcuTek
EcuTek is awsome

JDM is awsome

you should have a
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 00 BRP RS LIC'd 01 EJ207 + non DCCD 6 Speed
^ Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy with my setup, and my current EcuTek tune has presented me with absolutely no problems for years now....but options are always nice
Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
My thoughts:

$1500 for 8 hours of tweaking and tuning, yeah thats worth it. Seems like you'd get a good tune and seems like major parameters would be worked out and the tuner has a lot of time to monitor the car under a range of driving situations.

However, you should post up some references!!!!!

I know I've heard of him on here only. I have no idea who has his tunes around the area and doing a Google search on him does not bring up much as well.

I think that would HELP his overall business a lot! Maybe some links to some dyno sheets, customer feedback, and the whole nine!

Good Luck!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by EndlessWaltz RS
Cobb "will support other ECU's in the future" probably about the time they finally have REAL Mac support for the AP Manager application.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Ecutek has real time tuning now

Very good question. It's definitely old technology and there are better alternatives nowadays.

I went with Ecutek because I found a cheap ecu w/ license. Then I went to GST and Mike did his thing. I only run one map so didn't need the AP. I did the math and Ecutek was my best option at the time. I'm thinking about switching over to AP so I can have the multiple map option. I believe ecutek has a map switch feature something to do with AT/MT. Nothing like the AP though. I've also been thinking about purchasing a delta dash and just flash the map I want to run.
Switching over to AP just to get multiple maps? I'd think you'd take a smaller $$ hit by buying DeltaDash, and having so many more features than AP will give you.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by KOSTI
My thoughts:

$1500 for 8 hours of tweaking and tuning, yeah thats worth it. Seems like you'd get a good tune and seems like major parameters would be worked out and the tuner has a lot of time to monitor the car under a range of driving situations.

However, you should post up some references!!!!!

I know I've heard of him on here only. I have no idea who has his tunes around the area and doing a Google search on him does not bring up much as well.

I think that would HELP his overall business a lot! Maybe some links to some dyno sheets, customer feedback, and the whole nine!

Good Luck!
Try Googling: Shigenori Ara Shiggy is his nickname...
Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 PM

bump, Shiggy is coming back

Quick Reply: EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!