EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!

EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!

Who is interested? Shiggy, an EcuTeK instructor from Japan will be here at Auto Headquarter Motorsports during November for tuning.

Shiggy will be here November 5th, 2009!!

The total cost is now $1200. The deposit is $400. To leave a deposit, please give me a call Mon-Fri from 11:30am to 7:30pm or Sat. 12:00 to 7:30 pm.

Here's a break down of what you get:

When he tunes a car, he spends about 4 hours on the road doing the road tune and about 3-4 hours on the dyno fine tuning his road tune. Many of the people that have been tuned by Shiggy can verify that they have driven their car out to the dyno and waited for 3-4 hours for the dyno tune.

If you don't have the time to wait, you can drop your car off at AHQ and we will take care of it all. A lot of the customers though, want to be part of the experience and want to see what's going on, so they are welcome to meet out at the dyno and hang out.

Let's break this down....8 hrs of tuning @ $700= $87.50/hr. The labor rate of your local Subaru dealer is well over $100/hour for service. In my eyes, to pay for his hotel, flight, food, etc, $87.50 per hour is a BARGIN!

-bryan

Last edited by AutoHQ; 09-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:44 PM

I need a slight tune due to change of fuel pump. You and Kevin know...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I need a slight tune due to change of fuel pump. You and Kevin know...
Hey give me a call, I need a deposit, even for a retune..

-bryan
Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
bump
Old 02-27-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
$1500 is a lot when Ed @ EQ and Mike@GST are offering tunes for $400-700 dollars with local support.

I understand that a shiggy tune come with a lot of great plus points...he's got a great reputation..but in the bay area mike @ GST runs a succesfull time attack operation that regularly dominates time attack events, combined with a bulletproof reputation for delivering usable power for high horsepower applications and Ed at EQ has got 100% customer satisfaction from a cult following of highly satisfied modders who's driving experience has been transformed by his tunes. Paul at DB also has a loyal following.

I'm interested as to why your thinking BAICs need to pay double the money for Shiggy?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
its the time he spends on the car, thats why the price is so high, plus the ecutek ecu. this is why the price is steep.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
its the time he spends on the car, thats why the price is so high, plus the ecutek ecu. this is why the price is steep.
So more is achieved in the greater time?

I'll bet the local tuners take exception to that.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by glenspen

well i personally go to DBtuned. it took 3 hours for the tune. but the combined road and dyno is a plus and the time to tweak little things... things that may not show up in three hours. differences in temperature, elevation and humidity. it can all be played into factor.

i and a loyal DBTuned following and thats my trustie for my car, but if people want something that isn't from around here, or EcuTek tuning which hasn't been around for a while(my car was previously tuned by Ed with ecutek along time ago.) so its all about differences in tuning.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
well i personally go to DBtuned. it took 3 hours for the tune. but the combined road and dyno is a plus and the time to tweak little things... things that may not show up in three hours. differences in temperature, elevation and humidity. it can all be played into factor.

i and a loyal DBTuned following and thats my trustie for my car, but if people want something that isn't from around here, or EcuTek tuning which hasn't been around for a while(my car was previously tuned by Ed with ecutek along time ago.) so its all about differences in tuning.
I'm not knocking shiggy and AHQ, Bryan and kevin are doing a great job for the bay area, AHQ has been awesome for many suby modders, those boys are pros no doubt and if you take a suby there you are in good hands, but i think $1500 is crazy when we have a GST and EQ local for half the price and both mike and ed offer quality tunes, and when i say quality, I mean the best in america.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:56 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I'm not knocking shiggy and AHQ, Bryan and kevin are doing a great job for the bay area, AHQ has been awesome for many suby modders, those boys are pros no doubt and if you take a suby there you are in good hands, but i think $1500 is crazy when we have a GST and EQ local for half the price and both mike and ed offer quality tunes, and when i say quality, I mean the best in america.

Thanks for the props.

Honestly, consider a tune through the Cobb ACCESSPort. Cobb ACCESSPort $695 plus tax = $752.34 plus $400 to $700 for a tune = $1095 to $1395. It really isn't that much more.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:19 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I get what Glen is saying though... I'm sure Shiggy is great and all, but Mike or Shiv could probably do almost the same tune in half the time... So why should they have to pay for all those extra hours because Shiggy is slow?

I know its probably not the case, but I just said what most people are probably thinking. I didn't write that to attack anyone or anything, just translating peoples thoughts.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
nobody mentioned Shiggy being JDM! duhhh

Bruce Dickinson: Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers.

Alan: [ confused ] What does that mean?

Bruce Dickinson: Never question Bruce Dickinson! Roll it! [ exits back to booth ]

[ Gene picks up the fallen microphone and high-fives the drummer before getting into position ]

Eric Bloom: One, two, three, four...
Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top

Comparing apples to apples, Shiv charges $1000 for a custom ECUTEK tune. He spent over a day and a half tuning my car. So what does an extra $500 spent with "Shiggy" get me over a custom Vishnu tune?
Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by Lurk
Comparing apples to apples, Shiv charges $1000 for a custom ECUTEK tune. He spent over a day and a half tuning my car. So what does an extra $500 spent with "Shiggy" get me over a custom Vishnu tune?

I would pay $500 to keep Shiv away from my car, he is full of himself and is a huge *** hole. Not saying he can't tune, just saying he is rude and comes off as a huge tool with a nice 335i LOL
Old 02-28-2009, 06:20 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
I would pay $500 to keep Shiv away from my car, he is full of himself and is a huge *** hole. Not saying he can't tune, just saying he is rude and comes off as a huge tool with a nice 335i LOL
Right ok. So are you paying for a tune, or for someone to be nice to you and not "full of himself"? LOL...

Still waiting for a legitimate explanation as to why I should pay $500 more for the same ECUTEK tune by some JDM tuner?

Quick Reply: EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!