EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by Lurk
Right ok. So are you paying for a tune, or for someone to be nice to you and not "full of himself"? LOL...
I wouldn't give someone like that a dime of my money.

Still waiting for a legitimate explanation as to why I should pay $500 more for the same ECUTEK tune by some JDM tuner?
i see how much people spend on their cars...$500 extra is nothing...its A rim lol
Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Lurk
Comparing apples to apples, Shiv charges $1000 for a custom ECUTEK tune. He spent over a day and a half tuning my car. So what does an extra $500 spent with "Shiggy" get me over a custom Vishnu tune?
Yeah, thats how most tuners are... Even mechanics. They will charge you 8 hours of labor regardless of how long it takes. If it takes 2 hours, they still charge you 8. If something happens and it takes 12 hours, they still charge you 8.

What could this tuner possibly be doing that could take him so long that other great tuners like Mike, Shiv, etc could do in half the time?
Old 02-28-2009, 06:59 PM

i've never heard of taking too long when it comes to a quality product, even if its the same others can offer.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
I wouldn't give someone like that a dime of my money.
Have you ever dealt with Shiv personally? Just wondering, because I hear all these people saying he's an arrogant ***** or whatever. But when I met the guy, he was pretty chill and didn't come off as being full of himself at all. At least not towards me anyway. Not only that, his customer service skills seem pretty good for a guy who everyone claims is a jackass that's only after your money. He even gave me his personal cell # and said to call him if I ever have any issues with my tune.

Crazy huh?
Old 02-28-2009, 07:04 PM

no, i just said someone like that.

lol 1 of 5 cell #'s of course getting a cell phone number isn't crazy, you gotta keep your customers confident and coming back for more.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
i've never heard of taking too long when it comes to a quality product, even if its the same others can offer.
Quality definitely takes time.. We don't go by quantity.. Anyone can do that.. And we aren't just anyone!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
Incidentally, we at Auto Headquarter don't make a dime from the $1200. All the money goes to Shiggy for his tune.

This thread is posted for those who would like a Shiggy tune. Not for flaming...

-bryan

Last edited by AutoHQ; 06-11-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Bryan, no one was bashing your shop or your shops reputation, the only person in question is Shiggy. We all know your business practices and that you're a very reputable shop with honest people working there, you were never in question...
Old 02-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
you guys also gotta keep in mind it takes at LEAST twice as long to get the same tune with EcuTek than it does with a Cobb since you cant make on-the-fly changes to the Ecutek like you can with the Cobb as you tune on the dyno. You have to actually stop and reflash the ECU everytime you want to change any variable with an Ecutek tune, whereas you can change variables in Cobb while the car is still running and rolling. This cuts the tune time in half or less compared to Ecutek since you can actually see the affect the the changes you are making instantaneously instead of trial-reflash-error-reflash of ecutek. It is seriously a TON more work. Thats why most tuners dont even like using Ecutek anymore. So I guess if your set on still using Ecutek, and you want the best guy doing it, then its probably worth the money
Old 02-28-2009, 11:37 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Krinkov
you guys also gotta keep in mind it takes at LEAST twice as long to get the same tune with EcuTek than it does with a Cobb since you cant make on-the-fly changes to the Ecutek like you can with the Cobb as you tune on the dyno. You have to actually stop and reflash the ECU everytime you want to change any variable with an Ecutek tune, whereas you can change variables in Cobb while the car is still running and rolling. This cuts the tune time in half or less compared to Ecutek since you can actually see the affect the the changes you are making instantaneously instead of trial-reflash-error-reflash of ecutek. It is seriously a TON more work. Thats why most tuners dont even like using Ecutek anymore. So I guess if your set on still using Ecutek, and you want the best guy doing it, then its probably worth the money
Which kind of begs the question, why EcuTek?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:59 PM

Car Info: Your mom
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Which kind of begs the question, why EcuTek?

Old 03-01-2009, 12:28 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by JasaJin
What I'm looking for is why would someone choose EcuTek over COBB or even OpenSource.

I'm genuinely interested as I don't know much about EcuTek, but I've heardits a dinosaur.

And "best" is subjective.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.

well considering that Ecutek is his... im assuming the man incharge of it would be the best at his own ****... just food for thought...
Old 03-01-2009, 12:53 AM

Car Info: Your mom
Ive had the cobb tuning once before and now i plan on doing the shiggy tune.

Yeah, it is pricey and gonna hurt me budget wise but im thinking it will be worth it in the long run.

A: Who it's coming from
B: COBB isnt as cracked up as they make it to be
C: well I wont go into C....
Old 03-01-2009, 12:56 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Ecutek has real time tuning now

What I'm looking for is why would someone choose EcuTek over COBB or even OpenSource.

I'm genuinely interested as I don't know much about EcuTek, but I've heardits a dinosaur.

Very good question. It's definitely old technology and there are better alternatives nowadays.

I went with Ecutek because I found a cheap ecu w/ license. Then I went to GST and Mike did his thing. I only run one map so didn't need the AP. I did the math and Ecutek was my best option at the time. I'm thinking about switching over to AP so I can have the multiple map option. I believe ecutek has a map switch feature something to do with AT/MT. Nothing like the AP though. I've also been thinking about purchasing a delta dash and just flash the map I want to run.

Quick Reply: EcuTek Tuning By Shiggy!