breaking... bin laden dead...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:02 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
If you guys want to argue political points, thats fine.

If I start seeing an increase with personal attacks I will shut down the thread.
Just ban OB to the Sac forum and everything will resolve itself.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:12 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by fizay
When'd you say that? You just went off on our political institutions. I don't think I've ever seen you contribute in a meaningful way to any discussion in this forum.
"Beides this is all just a dog and pony show. This event will not make us any more, or less "safe" its just, in the end, a feather in the cap of a few politcal folk and a few in the intelligence circles...and perhaps a way for us to shame Packastan(sp?) into line."

^^^Right there, you even quoted it, your welcome.

Last edited by Overbear; 05-02-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:31 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Obama didn't lie up there. He did have the call to send a team deep into Pakistan to make a hit, but there are valid points that Osama has been a hunted man before Obama ever came into power.

Like I said from the start... Terrorism is never ending, just like racism is never ending. Someone somewhere is always fanatical and/or extreme. If terrorists gained control, there would be terrorists of terrorists, so on and so forth. If anything, terrorists won. Look what they've made us do to ourselves with TSA, and the patriot act. We are terrorizing ourselves. When we send our kid to school and think twice because of the recent trend of school shootings, terrorists win. Anything that breaks our constitution, whether government run or not, and not challenged by the people, we lose.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson

He acknowledges if the leaders get to ambitious, we, the citizens need to put them in their place. Unluckily for us, we haven't done anything with our government because most people are too busy being FED and relying too heavily on government social structures.

Last edited by iLoqin; 05-02-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Like I said from the start... Terrorism is never ending, just like racism is never ending. Someone somewhere is always fanatical and/or extreme. If terrorists gained control, there would be terrorists of terrorists, so on and so forth. If anything, terrorists won. Look what they've made us do to ourselves with TSA, and the patriot act. We are terrorizing ourselves. When we send our kid to school and think twice because of the recent trend of school shootings, terrorists win. Anything that breaks our constitution, whether government run or not, and not challenged by the people, we lose.
I agree, look how much money we spent to find ONE person. How much time and american lives were put into the mix, to what end? We have the patriot act, we have TSA, we have people afrade of their neigbors(sp?). I personaly think our founding fathers would be ashamed of what we have given up.

BTW Thomas Jefferson's full view on it is this, it is well worth a read...

DEAR SIR, -- I am now to acknoledge the receipt of your favors of October the 4th, 8th, & 26th. In the last you apologise for your letters of introduction to Americans coming here. It is so far from needing apology on your part, that it calls for thanks on mine. I endeavor to show civilities to all the Americans who come here, & will give me opportunities of doing it: and it is a matter of comfort to know from a good quarter what they are, & how far I may go in my attentions to them. Can you send me Woodmason's bills for the two copying presses for the M. de la Fayette, & the M. de Chastellux? The latter makes one article in a considerable account, of old standing, and which I cannot present for want of this article. -- I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: & very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: & what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent & persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusetts: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen-yard in order. I hope in God this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted. -- You ask me if any thing transpires here on the subject of S. America? Not a word. I know that there are combustible materials there, and that they wait the torch only. But this country probably will join the extinguishers. -- The want of facts worth communicating to you has occasioned me to give a little loose to dissertation. We must be contented to amuse, when we cannot inform. - Thomas Jefferson Paris, November 13, 1787 letter to William Smith.

Last edited by Overbear; 05-02-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
I'm glad they shot Bin Laden instead of capturing him. At least that part is DONE.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:14 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Obama did sound a little arrogant but I can understand how anyone directly involved in the military could feel that way. It gave you a sense of accomplishment after the failure that is the rest of the war with its lack of wmds and the struggle for democracy in politically corrupt countries.

Its also nice to know that Pakistan was housing him after we give that country billions in aid.

Funny thing is out of all my facebook friends, the soldiers are the ones that didnt post any status updates regarding their feelings on this.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:22 AM

I had one post, but it was about wanting to go home... but its obvious Muslim fanatics are pissed and the next few months might get nasty (even all the way up to september2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Its also nice to know that Pakistan was housing him after we give that country billions in aid.
Where did the intel that lead to finding him come from?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
I agree, look how much money we spent to find ONE person. How much time and american lives were put into the mix, to what end? We have the patriot act, we have TSA, we have people afrade of their neigbors(sp?). I personaly think our founding fathers would be ashamed of what we have given up.
Now that I certainly agree on. Another few billion dollars in government and some security theater at airports in the US, and a lot of dead an injured service-men and -women coming back from overseas. With the second dying to protect the values we're throwing away with the first.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
OMG, so awesome.

President Obama Reportedly Watched the Bin Laden Raid Live
http://gizmodo.com/#!5797739
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 AM

This is bull****.

Shoulda put his body on display.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
This is bull****.

lol

Name:  w2gY6.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  60.4 KB
Old 05-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
"Beides this is all just a dog and pony show. This event will not make us any more, or less "safe" its just, in the end, a feather in the cap of a few politcal folk and a few in the intelligence circles...and perhaps a way for us to shame Packastan(sp?) into line."

^^^Right there, you even quoted it, your welcome.
Your comment was about politicians unfairly taking credit for something troops did, not so much the effects of the death of a "global leader" of terror on the world at large. I see a lot of ways this will affect the globe; none of it is positive though.

It's funny because you lament the lack of impact this has on anything other than votes, to which I agree, but then you go and some out-of-pocket **** like,

Now if BHO has hair one, he will have the SOB's body wraped in bacon, covered in pig entrails, and burryed in Isreal!
which I'm sure will win us over in the Middle East. I'm not taking that your comment seriously, but can you expect others to take other stuff you say in this thread seriously, even if you do offer valid points? That's all I really have left to say regarding this, and I hope you don't take that as patronizing. Just real talk.

I find this ridiculous though: Bush Rejects Offer to Surrender bin Laden

Shows a different agenda to what was said through the media, no?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
This is bull****.

Like I said...

1)Cover body in bacon
2)Wrap body in pig entrails
3)Put shoes and dog bodies in casket with body
4)Burry in Isreal

that should **** them the hell off
Old 05-02-2011, 11:58 AM

Stating the death of Bin Laden I'm sure already pissed off fanatics/extremists. I hope for the safety of our military the rest of this year. Especially around 9/2011..

Quick Reply: breaking... bin laden dead...