breaking... bin laden dead...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 AM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
Did you listen to his anouncement? The guy said "I" this and "My first order" that. He ignored the work of our military, our spy network, and the people that came before him. Quite typical of the joke in chief.

Now if OBL has hair one, he will have the SOB's body wraped in bacon, covered in pig entrails, and burryed in Isreal!
Utter BS. You don't like the guy, you don't like the job he's doing, which is fine, up to you.

I watched the address. Try printing a transcript, enjoy highlighting the bits where he "takes full credit" vs. the part where he praises the armed forces, intelligence community, allies and so on.

You're consumed by something, and it isn't insight.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:20 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by glider
Utter BS. You don't like the guy, you don't like the job he's doing, which is fine, up to you.

I watched the address. Try printing a transcript, enjoy highlighting the bits where he "takes full credit" vs. the part where he praises the armed forces, intelligence community, allies and so on.

You're consumed by something, and it isn't insight.
You mean the one where he ignored the two previous administrations and all their work and sucked it all up for himself? Yea I dont like the guy, because he is a fake, a pretender, and dishonist...even more so than most political types.

Beides this is all just a dog and pony show. This event will not make us any more, or less "safe" its just, in the end, a feather in the cap of a few politcal folk and a few in the intelligence circles...and perhaps a way for us to shame Packastan(sp?) into line.

Last edited by Overbear; 05-02-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Wonder how long a body can be frozen to be brought out on a rainy day when gas profits are at an all time high and the world is focused on a wedding dress?
Are we talking star wars or not?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
You mean the one where he ignored the two previous administrations and all their work and sucked it all up for himself? Yea I dont like the guy, because he is a fake, a pretender, and dishonist...even more so than most political types.

Beides this is all just a dog and pony show. This event will not make us any more, or less "safe" its just, in the end, a feather in the cap of a few politcal folk and a few in the intelligence circles...and perhaps a way for us to shame Packastan(sp?) into line.

Watever the situation is.... He got the guy. Something the previous admin. Couldn't do. Hence that's why they switched their eyes on another person( Hussein)....and if I was him I also woulnt have listened to bush's admin. Either lol that equals failed.... Not bashing on you or anyone just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Lmao!

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Watever the situation is.... He got the guy. Something the previous admin. Couldn't do. Hence that's why they switched their eyes on another person( Hussein)....and if I was him I also woulnt have listened to bush's admin. Either lol that equals failed.... Not bashing on you or anyone just my opinion.
Obama didn't get him. The CIA and special ops got him. They've been at far before Obama's term in office. Anyone that doesn't have their head up Obama's ***, would agree that his speech made it sound as if he personally pulled the trigger on Osama.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
Bush kept his word "Dead or Alive" this is a great day!
lol, yeah it was all part of Bush's 10 year plan of going to war in Iraq and Afghanistan and costing thousands of military and civilian casualties and untold billions of dollars of debt so that Osama would finally be found and killed by a small team in Pakistan 2 years after he left the white house. Bush was always a couple steps ahead wasnt he
Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Did you listen to his anouncement? The guy said "I" this and "My first order" that. He ignored the work of our military, our spy network, and the people that came before him. Quite typical of the joke in chief.

Now if BHO has hair one, he will have the SOB's body wraped in bacon, covered in pig entrails, and burryed in Isreal!
He is the commander in chief, they did act on his orders. Is the structutre of the military that hard to understand?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Obama didn't get him. The CIA and special ops got him. They've been at far before Obama's term in office. Anyone that doesn't have their head up Obama's ***, would agree that his speech made it sound as if he personally pulled the trigger on Osama.
Who is the commander in chief? And what does the commander in chief do? Oh that's right, the commander in chief is the President, and part of that job is the highest post in the military. That means any action taken by the military is on the commander in chief's, a.k.a. the President's, orders.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by jewpac42
Who is the commander in chief? And what does the commander in chief do? Oh that's right, the commander in chief is the President, and part of that job is the highest post in the military. That means any action taken by the military is on the commander in chief's, a.k.a. the President's, orders.
Name:  GDpwT.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  115.4 KB
Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 AM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan
Obama didn't get him. The CIA and special ops got him. They've been at far before Obama's term in office.
Yep. Agreed...

Anyone that doesn't have their head up Obama's ***, would agree that his speech made it sound as if he personally pulled the trigger on Osama.
Nope. You're back to that because you hate this particular president that anything he says gets your goat. Which is fine, whoever is in has a whole bunch of people seem to hate him for one reason or another. But being mad doesn't make you right about what was in that speech.

I'm guessing it'll be years before we get to read a decent account of what led up to this, from the first tenuous leads through to the actual mission. I wouldn't be surprised if it read a lot like business as usual behind the scenes and people who've been working hard for a long time finally caught a break, with no clear line to any particular piece of policy or political direction. It won't stop the peanut galleries of all stripes trying to take credit in the mean time.

Now as a flip side for the liberals so they aren't too smug: imagine if George Bush had given the same speech. Would you feel as comfortable?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Not buying it. Too much of this "people say" crap not enough direct source info. And it sounds like the US has their bases covered claiming he was killed by a head shot (probably no facial recognition now) and apparently he's either already or going to be buried at sea. You know damn well they'd have video footage of this capture/killing too, but we'll never see that.

Plus, I thought it was on the news awhile back that Bin Laden died awhile ago?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 AM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Proof? We'll never see it from the gov't for security reasons. I imagine it's to protect all parties involved with the raid.

BUT, there's this:

Name:  xmuaZ.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  68.1 KB

so we know the raid was in fact real.

And to you Bush supporters: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...en-631436.html

If you would like to discuss this, by all means, but let's keep the poo hurling to a minimum eh?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Like I said, yea, ok cool they got the guy...but in the end its really not going to affect anything.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Like I said, yea, ok cool they got the guy...but in the end its really not going to affect anything.
When'd you say that? You just went off on our political institutions. I don't think I've ever seen you contribute in a meaningful way to any discussion in this forum.

That son of a ***** obama took full credit for it too...fawk I hate him.

Now if BHO has hair one, he will have the SOB's body wraped in bacon, covered in pig entrails, and burryed in Isreal!
Winning!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
If you guys want to argue political points, thats fine.

If I start seeing an increase with personal attacks I will shut down the thread.

Quick Reply: breaking... bin laden dead...