Bible to be taught in school, in Texas.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
ha. its like the ad I mentioned before by aigenesis. atheism leads to murder? hahahaha

thatll go well with "marijuana is a deadly drug"

just deceitful lies

the resurrecton is in the story, what you're saying is that all those stories must be taken literally for it to mean anything, I disagree.

Last edited by Jin; 08-20-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Wow...

You don't have morals because you don't believe in the Judeo-Christian god?
That is a bold INCORRECT statement. That is absolutely wrong.

I am a human believer. I believe everything that we do is because we choose to do it.

When it is your birthday, I buy you a birthday card because I feel good about myself that I am making someone else happy on the day they were born. I don't believe some guy made me do it cause he has faith in me.

When I flip off a ho while driving down the road because she cut me off, I am upset and feel like I should let her know I'm upset. It isn't some Satan overcoming me.

Seriously you need to look at WHAT YOU CAN DO AND WHAT YOU CONTROL. Not call it god or demon.

I am pro human, and as humans we have a damn conscious, so use it and instead of blaming all your goods and bads on some other guy tainting or blessing your mind. That has to be the worst comment I've ever read, and I will never agree to such an insane claim of SOMEONE ELSE CONTROLLING MY LIFE.

I chose to go to school, I chose to work at the same time. All the choices in your life is from your own mouth from your own mind for one reason or another.

Saying I have no morals because I don't believe in an entity? Absolutely wrong, there are great people who do great things because they enjoy the gratitude they receive. Volunteering is an example, some people say it's cuz the lord blessed them, I would rather say its because I like to see the joy on everyone's faces when I am helping them for free. It's great work.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
teach the bible in school as a historic reference, not as a religious text and things shall be good. we all know that wont happen and there will be tons of protesters that will not like this idea and will cause problems.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM
VIP Member

and here is a question for all of the Christians or Catholics.

If God knows everything, past, current, future, how do we have any real free choice? I mean, if he knows what will happen, are we not just robots just following his plan?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by evsoul
ok so taking your information from an atheist to support your belief in evolution isn't a biased source?

Tell me why what he said is incorrect instead of saying it's bias.
What atheist did I take my information from? And how do you know I "believe," as you put it, in evolution? Where did I say that?

Someone already addressed why there are problems with using him as a source -- his science is wrong.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by Overbear

That has to be the single most asinine thing I have ever seen posted on the net. How sad is that?

So you are trying to say, that morals are only valid because some imaginary person was nailed up on a plank of wood, died, then did the zombie thing 3 days later? That people can't have morals/ethics without that? you sir, need serious mental help.
im not saying being a non-believer should mean no morals, I am saying what's the point if there's no judgement? why not just take what you can and do everything for yourself in this life?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 AM

Darwin admitted that fossils of the transitional links between species would have to be found in order to prove his theory of evolution but these transitional links have never been found.

what evolutionists show us are different species, we never see the in between stages of the species..

[drivel deleted]
The problem with you and others like you is that you don't actually know what you're talking about, you just regurgitate what has been told to you by sources you seek out based on mutual agreement and ideas.

"We never see the in between stages of the species."

I present you... the horse:

Suck on that, "god."
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
and here is a question for all of the Christians or Catholics.

If God knows everything, past, current, future, how do we have any real free choice? I mean, if he knows what will happen, are we not just robots just following his plan?
it's not his plan, he just knows the decisions we will ultimately make.
doesn't make us robots or else you would be saying "praise Jesus" right now. And we would never get drunk, would never cuss, or **********, or do anything that would lead to sin.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:57 AM

And this one is for Paul!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
The problem with you and others like you is that you don't actually know what you're talking about, you just regurgitate what has been told to you by sources you seek out based on mutual agreement and ideas.

"We never see the in between stages of the species."

I present you... the horse:

Suck on that, "god."
wow a cartoon. thanks i love comic strips.
i counter your argument with multiple pages of cartoons supporting creationism: http://www.bibleforchildren.org/PDFs...%20English.pdf
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM
VIP Member

it's not his plan, he just knows the decisions we will ultimately make.
doesn't make us robots or else you would be saying "praise Jesus" right now. And we would never get drunk, would never cuss, or **********, or do anything that would lead to sin.
but God knows you are going to do it before its done.

not my belief, just one that was pushed on me for about 20 years
Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

again for the record i'm saying without God what's the point of morals, no one judges us in the end.. we are a freak accident without God so what do morals even mean? I just don't support the "I don't believe in Jesus, but I support his moral teachings" thing. He taught for God, not for man. Don't confuse his teachings as anything but a heavenly attribute.

saqwarrior, i come in with my view and you have to come in with hatred?
wow someone's a little low on self esteem that they have to run attacks on another's faith.

good job though
i will leave this thread since it can't be respectful, and like i said im not attacking anyone just sharing a belief and if you felt attacked just say something because it wasn't my goal.. i leave this thread with this:

Originally Posted by 1 corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
hopefully you aren't one that's perishing and will find your path to God one day. I've seen very strong atheist turn to God. I hope you will too.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
wow a cartoon. thanks i love comic strips.
i counter your argument with multiple pages of cartoons supporting creationism: http://www.bibleforchildren.org/PDFs...%20English.pdf
I am waiting for you to attempt to refute my post on macro, and micro evolution and the proof offered.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
but God knows you are going to do it before its done.

not my belief, just one that was pushed on me for about 20 years
yeah, and it shouldn't be pushed, only shared. if someone is interested then share more. i wouldn't hold it over an evolutionist for sharing his views on it all with a christian if that christian showed interest in it.. so why do people tend to hold it against us for doing the same?

in the relevance of this thread, it's become more of a case of "who's better than who" and it's not supposed to be about that.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Overbear
And that, my bible thumping friends, is absolute, un-questionable, PROOF evolution, not creationism, exists.
The thing I don't get is why religious people can't just say "Ok fine -- God created evolution." Bam, problem solved.

For example, the Catholic Church on evolution:

"Today, the Church's official position remains a focus of controversy and is fairly non-specific, stating only that faith and scientific findings regarding human evolution are not in conflict, though humans are regarded as a "special creation", and that the existence of God is required to explain the spiritual component of human origins. This view falls into the spectrum of viewpoints that are grouped under the concept of theistic evolution."
Something else I'm sure most religious people don't know is that a major contributor to the Big Bang theory was Georges Lemaitre, a Belgian physicist who was also a Roman Catholic Priest.

But no .. we get our information from atheists! Priests are atheists!!

The Catholic Church also officially supports the Big Bang theory in part because it coincides with their position that time began at the moment of creation.

Here's what the Episcopal Church says about "creation science":

Whereas, ... several states have recently passed so-called "balanced treatment" laws requiring the teaching of "Creation-science" whenever evolutionary models are taught; and ...

Whereas, the terms "Creationism" and "Creation-science" ... in these laws do not refer simply to the affirmation that God created the Earth and Heavens and everything in them, but specify certain methods and timing of the creative acts, and impose limits on these acts which are neither scriptural nor accepted by many Christians; and

Whereas, the dogma of "Creationism" and "Creation-science" ... has been discredited by scientific and theologic studies and rejected in the statements of many church leaders; ...

[T]he ... Convention affirms the glorious ability of God to create in any manner, whether men understand it or not, and in this affirmation reject the limited insight and rigid dogmatism of the "Creationist" movement...
So, religious people posting in this thread, which of your fellow millions of Christians are wrong? I'm sure I can find more examples of Christians supporting science, but I think two major denominations of Christianity should suffice.

Quick Reply: Bible to be taught in school, in Texas.