Bay area Takata airbag recall - Page 7 - i-Club

Old 03-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #91
VIP Member

Drives : 05 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04GG View Post
That's what Creek's service manager told me.
Steven's Creek...Dealership of Legends!

I have heard of instances in the past where Steven's Creek Subaru has not gained favorable customer service reviews for both their levels of service and levels of honesty (That is me being polite)

Old 03-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #92

Drives : '06 OBS Special Edition
My car is at Capitol Subaru and they're saying the same thing, so...

Old 03-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #93
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Drives : Blue car
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenspen View Post
Steven's Creek...Dealership of Legends!

I have heard of instances in the past where Steven's Creek Subaru has not gained favorable customer service reviews for both their levels of service and levels of honesty (That is me being polite)
lol. I know and I didn't really want to use them, but that was my nearest option. Now that Fremont is open I will be giving them a try next time I need something dealer related.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:37 AM   #94
General Pimpin'

Drives : MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I finally got in... on the 11th because I called at the right time and they just got an opening. Why the hell this took so long is beyond me.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #95
VIP Member

Drives : 05 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
I finally got in... on the 11th because I called at the right time and they just got an opening. Why the hell this took so long is beyond me.
Congrats. Did they tell you how long they would need your car for?

Old 04-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #96
General Pimpin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenspen View Post
Congrats. Did they tell you how long they would need your car for?
all day. They're giving me a loaner.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #97

Capitol Subaru had my car for 13 days. :/

Old 04-07-2017, 09:24 AM   #98
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Drives : Blue car
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGregg View Post
Did they rebuild it? lol

Old 04-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #99

Drives : 04 psm wrx sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04GG View Post
That's what Creek's service manager told me.
Wow thats crazy haha ive been at two different dealerships during this recall and know people at two others and no one has even heard of that

Old 04-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #100
General Pimpin'

13 days... I'd be down for that. Give me a nice clean loaner to drive for two weeks. Works for me.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:23 AM   #101

I thought I'd be cool with it, but each day with that camry made me miss my car more and more.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #102

Drives : 04 psm wrx sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGregg View Post
the paid time on the gd airbag is under an hour. ive done a few myself. not sure why they choose to tell you and others that only one tech is allowed to work on airbags. the past two dealers ive worked at during this recall usually have every tech doing them.

at least it got done and you are out of the rental now haha

Old 04-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #103
General Pimpin'

I dropped mine off at like 10am and got a call around 3 to pick it up. I kept the loaner until the next morning... because... much nicer to drive than my car. LOL!

Old 04-16-2017, 12:36 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy View Post
I dropped mine off at like 10am and got a call around 3 to pick it up. I kept the loaner until the next morning... because... much nicer to drive than my car. LOL!
wtf where?

I want to take a giant poop in Capitol Subaru's mail box. While waiting in the lot for like 10 minutes for them to dig my car out of the back parking spots, I already was able to see the kind of sleezy mother ****ers that place employs.

What loaner did you get? About all I enjoyed was the extra storage in the center console. I got a Camry with the same horsepower but more weight than my wagon. It was a 2017 but felt like it launched into the air on bumps my 10 year old impreza would soak up.

Last edited by OldGregg; 04-16-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #105
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Drives : 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
Just scheduled my appointment on Monday at Stevens Creek. Soonest they could do the airbag was June 13th. They also asked if I wanted to do the air pump relay at the same time or sooner. I opted for both at the same time.

They plan to have my car for 3 days.
Dropped my car off today...

Pulled up and there are cars everywhere. Got directed by a guy to pull forward into a gap where there wasn't enough space. I told him it was too narrow, he told me to go anyway.

That already irritated me.

A car leave and now there's space for me to pull up. another kid comes up and asks what I'm there for. I told him that I had an appointment. He asked for my name. I give him my name and he goes off to wherever.

I start collecting my things. Kid comes back, asks what I want done on my car. [What did you ask for my name for if you didn't look anything up?!] Now more irritated, I reply with, "All the ****ing recalls on this car." As soon as I said it, I knew I shouldn't have said "****ing". Oh well. Kid runs off. I just about have all my things.

Service writer comes out. Introduces himself. We go inside. He starts writing me up for what I need done. Gets the airbag recall and asks if I wanted to have anything else done. Umm, yeah, the relay too. You know, the stuff that I scheduled this appointment for 4 MONTHS AGO.

All the work is written up. Since they're recalls they will be done at no cost to me. Also, part of the deal, I will be provided with a rental car from Hertz. Wait, what? (I am less happy) I was hoping to have another Subaru as my loaner. Unfortuantely, due to blahblahblahIstoppedpayingattentionblahblah rental car from Hertz.

****ing great.

Hertz guy is coming to pick me up. I need to wait. Since I'm waiting I decide to go over to the parts department and see if they have any wheel bearing in stock and see if I can check them out. While I'm in the parts area, I overhear the cashiers/schedulers being informed that they need to tell customers that they will be given rental cars when they bring their cars in for recalls. As there are customers (me) are getting angry when they find out they aren't getting a Subaru.

Hetz guy shows up, takes me over to Hertz which is just down the street. Walk in, there's a couple who aren't satisfied with the car they are being given. (Oh, boy, I get to be unsatisfied too!) The couple gets whatever and they are on their way. I'm up. Ok, sir, we will need your driver's license and a credit card for a $50 deposit. What? I understood that this would be no cost to me. Well yeah, you get the deposit back when you return the car. My mood continues to go south. **** it, whatever, here's my card. The guy takes a few minutes to do whatever he does. Ok, sir, we have a Nissan Versa for you. NOPE. Do you have anything nicer? Umm, we can do a Chevy Impala. Ok, what doe sit have? It's a full size. I don't care that it's bigger, I want something comfortable.Doe sit have like leather or anything? I'm sorry, sir, all of our cars are base models. (****ing great) I'll take the Impala.

Now I'm rolling around in a 2016 Impala. Wow this thing is a piece of crap.

I hope they can do the recalls quickly on my Subaru.