Bay area Takata airbag recall - Page 3 - i-Club

Old 01-03-2017, 09:03 PM   #31

Drives : 2011 GV WRX, 2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
I just got my notice for the Air Pump Sensor on my 2011 WRX. When I went to schedule the service I mentioned the airbag and they put me down for the end of the month.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:04 AM   #32

Drives : 2011 WRX hatch gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3rock View Post
I just got my notice for the Air Pump Sensor on my 2011 WRX. When I went to schedule the service I mentioned the airbag and they put me down for the end of the month.
which dealer?

Old 01-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #33
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Drives : 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I just got my airbag notice. Not sure which car it's for... Pretty sure it's for the WRX because I'm pretty sure I got one for the 2.5i. It just says my Impreza has a recall. :/

Old 01-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #34
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Drives : SUBARU BROOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdanwithau View Post
i just got my airbag notice. Not sure which car it's for... Pretty sure it's for the wrx because i'm pretty sure i got one for the 2.5i. It just says my impreza has a recall. :/
pm me the vin, and ill tell you

Old 01-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #35
VIP Member

Drives : 05 WRX
I have my recall notice for my 05 WRX.

I really don't want to trust the dealership with my modded and caged car but I guess I have no choice. Hopefully it will be treated kindly

Old 01-06-2017, 11:11 AM   #36

Drives : Forester XTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenspen View Post

I really don't want to trust the dealership with my modded and caged car but I guess I have no choice. Hopefully it will be treated kindly
Just make 100% sure you spell out things when you drop it off. I just had some recall work done on the Ram. I made it very clear they were NOT to flash the ECU for any reason what so ever (I have a custom tune on it to compensate for the tire size and make that worthless transmission shift like a regular transmission).

Make sure you spell it out that any damage, miles above 3, or suspected abuse will result in monetary compensation.

(Have I ever said how much I hate dealerships, and how hard I will push to force them to do the right thing?)

Old 01-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #37
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Just make 100% sure you spell out things when you drop it off. I just had some recall work done on the Ram. I made it very clear they were NOT to flash the ECU for any reason what so ever (I have a custom tune on it to compensate for the tire size and make that worthless transmission shift like a regular transmission).

Make sure you spell it out that any damage, miles above 3, or suspected abuse will result in monetary compensation.

(Have I ever said how much I hate dealerships, and how hard I will push to force them to do the right thing?)
yea we don't exactly like you either

Old 01-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #38

Drives : Forester XTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3dirt View Post
yea we don't exactly like you either
I suspect the number of people screwed over by a dealership, Vs. people who have screwed over a dealership, is in the range of 100000/1 or more

Old 01-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #39

Drives : 2011 GV WRX, 2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchimm5 View Post
which dealer?
Capitol

Old 01-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #40
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Drives : Blue car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU View Post
I just got my airbag notice. Not sure which car it's for... Pretty sure it's for the WRX because I'm pretty sure I got one for the 2.5i. It just says my Impreza has a recall. :/
Calll with your vin and they will do it anyway, notice isn't necessary. I just got my air pump notice yesterday but they already did it when I did my airbag last month.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #41

Drives : 04 psm wrx sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenspen View Post

For an 05 wrx the glovebox and surrounding trim needs to be removed. If the cage gets in the way of that there may be an issue.

As far as anything else goes, the airbag procedure on all cars is to disconnect the battery, r+r airbag (usually removing part of or the whole dashboard), reconnect battery and that's it. No ecu reprogramming or anything. Other recalls there is a reprogram but you will be told in the recall notice iirc

Old 01-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #42

Drives : 04 psm wrx sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I suspect the number of people screwed over by a dealership, Vs. people who have screwed over a dealership, is in the range of 100000/1 or more
I used to think that way until i starting working at dealerships. Customers create more issues than necessary a lot of the times because they can be so defensive

Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #43
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Drives : Blue car
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugrx View Post
For an 05 wrx the glovebox and surrounding trim needs to be removed. If the cage gets in the way of that there may be an issue.

As far as anything else goes, the airbag procedure on all cars is to disconnect the battery, r+r airbag (usually removing part of or the whole dashboard), reconnect battery and that's it. No ecu reprogramming or anything. Other recalls there is a reprogram but you will be told in the recall notice iirc
They have to take something else apart to do the air pump relay though, because they damaged some wiring in mine that effed up my Nav and left turn signal when they did it (Creek). They gave me a loaner and fixed it in one day.

Last edited by 04GG; 01-09-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #44
General Pimpin'

Drives : MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04GG View Post
They have to take something else apart to do the air pump relay though, because they damaged some wiring in mine that effed up my Nav and left turn signal when they did it (Creek). They gave me a loaner and fixed it in one day.
They did your airbag? I've been on the airbag list for like 2 years.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #45
Dirty Purple Ukrainian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugrx View Post
I used to think that way until i starting working at dealerships. Customers create more issues than necessary a lot of the times because they can be so defensive
Thank you. i lost count on how many times we hear, you changed my oil and now my fuel door wont open, my window wont roll down.