99% Sure my wagon is about to get totaled.. Assistance please

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:25 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
My old wagon! Glad to hear you were not hurt. Sorry about the accident.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Lowend
Is claim under your insurance (insured)or the other driver's insurance (claimant)? I'm a little unclear for the story. If you are the claimant, life is a lot easier. Basically it's the other driver's insurance's job to make sure you are happy and shield their client from liability. They don't want you suing their client for damages. The other good news is that you can bring your own insurance company into the mix and try to get them to pick up the slack.
I would usually say don't get your company involved unless there is an issue with the other person's insurance, but yes it is usually better to go through their insurance rather than yours in a case like this. Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks repairable.

If you are the insured, things get more difficult.
I can tell you almost 100% that your insurance does not care about your aftermarket receipts. Your insurance premiums are based on the value of the car... without any aftermarket stuff on it. The more valuable the car, the higher the premiums . You weren't paying those premiums, so you aren't entitled to the higher coverage levels. This is why I always recommend really customized cars get "agreed value" insurance policies...
IMO, depends on what they are for. Something like custom rims or air ride suspension that are 10X the price of OEM ones might need a rider to cover the full value. Rebuild on trans, motor, diffs, etc... then there would be a value supported by receipts.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM

Car Info: WRX
If you can I would total the car ask to buy it back and swap the mods to a new wrx. I wouldn't drive anything that had been in an accident that bad. Personal preference I guess
Old 06-13-2014, 09:12 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Just because your insurance is involved does not mean it counts against you...
Let the big bad insurance boys bang heads, believe me when I say, your adjuster knows this game well
Old 06-13-2014, 09:22 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
You pay for their service. AAA has always taken care of me even when the accident was my fault.
When my car was vandalized to get my bike off the roof ( failed attempt)
They even covered the cost of the yakima rack. Msrp. Which covered the cost of my deductable......i just reused the bent rack.

Ive never had to deal with the other party directly until the other parties insurance was calling my cellphone asking me to return their call.
I called them back and said deal with my insurance agent and stop calling me or ill sue for harassment.

Never heard from them again.

AAA is the best i have been with them for 20 years with no accidents except last year and my premiums havent risen at all from it.

Btw i see your 360 skid marks everyday before magdalena. Lol ill take a pic one day and post it lol.

Last edited by Scoobywax; 06-13-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:15 PM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by Giibo
My old wagon! Glad to hear you were not hurt. Sorry about the accident.
Originally Posted by Scoobywax
You pay for their service. AAA has always taken care of me even when the accident was my fault.
When my car was vandalized to get my bike off the roof ( failed attempt)
They even covered the cost of the yakima rack. Msrp. Which covered the cost of my deductable......i just reused the bent rack.

Ive never had to deal with the other party directly until the other parties insurance was calling my cellphone asking me to return their call.
I called them back and said deal with my insurance agent and stop calling me or ill sue for harassment.

Never heard from them again.

AAA is the best i have been with them for 20 years with no accidents except last year and my premiums havent risen at all from it.

Btw i see your 360 skid marks everyday before magdalena. Lol ill take a pic one day and post it lol.

Hey hey what up Gabe! All is well now fortunately and the wagon should be all done/back to me by Friday! good to hear from you man the cars doing great otherwise, thanks!

@ scooby hahaha I was hoping somebody who commutes that section of 280 would notice.. sounds good I'll do my best too lol..

Last edited by RAWeiss; 06-15-2014 at 06:19 PM.