Interior, Exterior & Lighting Bodykits, wings, seats, performance gauges, interior and exterior lighting.

Some assistance please (Morette left-side lens cracked)

Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 AM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Exclamation Some assistance please (Morette left-side lens cracked)

I recently found out my high beam lens on my morrett light was crack. Damn rocks! I hate those rock things. Anyways I was looking at some sites, not all but some. Nobody sells the high beam lens. I dont want to by a new unit. All I want to do is by the replacement highbeam. Where can I buy the high beam for the morrett light. Is there another type of replacement light I can use? Let me know.

2002 WRX sedan

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ever_never; 11-01-2004 at 11:20 AM. Reason: forgot to put the year of the car
Old 11-01-2004, 11:35 AM

Hey sloppyjoe. It my high beam that took a rock and crack the glass lens. My projector light is fine. I do want to upgrade to HID. But I want to fix my highbeam. Technically its a fog light with a built in city light/parking light. So if I buy another fog light its going to be different from the original one.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
Z1 and Carter Subaru are Morette dealers and should be able to get you a replacement light unit-
Z1- www.z1auto.com
Carter Subaru- www.allsubaru.com

Also take a look at these items in the NASIOC Private FS-
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600688
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652405
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607156

Last edited by Mulder; 11-01-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:34 PM

I have e-mailed these places and it seems they are out of stock or they have not ordered anymore. One website does carry the replacement lenses but only offer the rightside lens. of course I happen to need the Leftside lens. I wonder if it makes any difference if it left or right. Its just the outer lens. I waiting for their responce. To see if there is a difference on left or right side lenses. If I have to order another complete morrette light assembly I just might switch over to EDM lights. Damn that stinks. I want my Morrette's fixed.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
I know the low beam (projectors) are LH and RH due to the arrangement of the adjusters being opposite. I don't recall if the high beams are the same, I'd have to take a look at mine.
It isn't just the lens, that's not available by itself, you'd have to buy the complete high beam assembly.
If you do manage to get a replacement, I highly suggest that you protect the lenses on your Morettes with some Xpel or Stongard to prevent this from happening again. I've had Xpel on mine since day one and they've been on the car for over two years with no breakages. I know for a fact that things have hit the lenses and the film has saved them.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:58 PM

Mulder, I had on my Morrette's from day one since april of 2002 when I bought my car. I guess I have been lucky this did not happen sooner. I found a website that sells replacement lenses. They appear to be Morrette distributors. But they only indicate that they have the right side for sale. (Morette WRX Right High Beam Lense 2002/03 $69.95). At least I hope I only have to buy the lens. Because if I have to replace the whole highbeam unit, It going to cost me, Its $70 just for the lens only. I will have to invest on Xpel or Stongard. I know the (projector light have a beam pattern, but the high beams seem to be strong fog lamps with built in parking lights. No beam pattern) Thanks for the input Mulder.