06 WRX flashing cruise control but NO CEL

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by tanz1983
Seriously, an evap code will get thrown for a loose gas cap. Pressure needs to build in your tank. If the pressure isn't where it needs to be, you get a code. This happens to me when my wife fills up. I just tighten the cap and the code eventually goes away. I'm not being a jackass.
sorry, I was in a rough mood the other morning. I thought I included in the post that I did the gas cap test to intentionally throw a CEL, which it did. The problem i'm seeing is the cruise control signal is flashing but the CEL is not.

updating first post.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:32 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Have you logged anything on that map? Post the log sheet.

Originally Posted by tanz1983
Seriously, an evap code will get thrown for a loose gas cap. Pressure needs to build in your tank. If the pressure isn't where it needs to be, you get a code. This happens to me when my wife fills up. I just tighten the cap and the code eventually goes away. I'm not being a jackass.
You can log the evap.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by mattsn0w
Have any of you BAIC folks seen this and better yet fixed it?

I zeroed the OL/CL table to zero in the 3 table cells of the stock downloaded map and ran fine for about a month. The car is 100% stock.
My friend(the owner) had recently taken his car to the stealership to have a squeaky clutch pedal fixed which I guess require dash removal.
Since then, randomly the cruise control light will start flashing but there is NO CEL!
The car doesn't feel any different, but have not data logged to verify boost when it happens. The cruise control does not function during the period the car is running with the flashing CC light. Turn off the car for an hour and back on, the cruise control LED is no longer flashing and works as expected.

I also tried forcing a CEL by loosening the gas cap and driving around. This did in fact trigger a CEL so I know the engine diagnostics are functioning properly.

I've since flashed the stock ROM back and am waiting to see if the cruise control flashing without a CEL happens.

Most likely a problem with your CC system.
Unfortunately, you will need a Subaru Scan Tool to access the fault code in the CC module. Hope this help Matt.

Charlie Yeo
Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
It could be a wiring issue. On my wife's and mine '08 Legacy the CC light was flashing. We also had a check engine light, but I had never seen the CC light flash. Turned out to be a problem with the MAP sensor. One of the wires didn't have the proper amount of drag. There could be an issue with the MAF sensor.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:00 PM

Car Info: 2006 San Remo Red WRX
The evap code will sometimes just cause the cruise light to blink and no cel light. Just find out what code is being thrown.

Also, like above. Check and clean your maf sensor
Old 10-18-2008, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 06 aspen white wrx ltd/American Electric F-150
i have the same problem with my car. the cruise control light is flashing but i DO have my CEL on too.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by desmundo
i have the same problem with my car. the cruise control light is flashing but i DO have my CEL on too.
then it's not the same problem.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
I had similar crap happen on my car one time. It was a faulty speed sensor signal that threw off CC light. It ran fine and everything, but that light was on.

I just had to disconnect the battery and re-flash. That fixed it.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by matthepcat
I had similar crap happen on my car one time. It was a faulty speed sensor signal that threw off CC light. It ran fine and everything, but that light was on.

I just had to disconnect the battery and re-flash. That fixed it.
it hasn't happened for a while. one way to reproduce the same behavior is to hold the CC button in while starting the car. this will cause a flashing cruise control light and disable cruise control.