Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

Much Needed Help--Performance Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 01:37 AM

Car Info: 2004 Blue STi
Much Needed Help--Performance Upgrade

I have a situation here and would like to get some good feedback on this. I'm going to search around for answers on related questions but decided to ask out right. Here we go.

I currently have an Injen CAI, Greddy Evo catback, HKS Downpipe.

My main goal for the car is to be a show car as well as a race car. My primary events would be AutoX and SCCA Solo II. I did the drag racing but won't be doing that much in the future...maybe once in awhile. So, the following questions related to the best setup for this kind of usage.

1. What a FP Green turbo be too much for this plan? I heard that this turbo spools up too slow for the road course action. That is what I believe that was told to me.

2. If it is too much...what kind of turbo would be good for AutoX and SCCA events?

3. What type of engine management I should invest in...UTEC or Accessport for this type of racing? I know UTEC has more options than the AP. Thoughts on that would be appreciated.

4. I know that FMIC has pros and cons but knowing that I would like to show as well, FMIC makes the engine bay looks nicer. What is your thoughts on FMIC to a bigger TMIC.

5. What kind of boost controller should I invest in? AVC-r or Blitz or any other kind?

This will start the process but all feedback is greatly appreciated. Again, my main focus of this car is to have a nice show car as well as a good Autox/SCCA car. I will do drag racing once in awhile but not all the time...already went through one clutch. I'm running Exedy Stage II and my suspension is Cusco rear sway, strut bar, and tein lowering springs.

Thanks for you all your help.

Jason
Old 05-05-2006, 07:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
What kind of car do you have?
1. Green is fine for road course but a little too slow for autox.
2. Stock or similar.
3. I used to have UTEC. Its a piggyback system. Dont get it. Now i have an accessport.
4. Depends on the turbo. I'd go with top mount for better spool.
5. Dont get one. The accessport can control boost. Dont get a boost controller unless you wanna blow up your motor.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
P.S. Do all the "race car" stuff first. Dont be a ricer.