Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

Help! turbo problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:46 PM

Help! turbo problems

last night i threw my turbo kit on, and well it idled well and work pretty good tell igot about 1/3 of the way home (2 miles or so) and my car died. the tach just dropped to zero. this has happened at one instance a few days prior to going turbo. that day i was climing a slushy hill, and had al 4 spinning. at that moment eh car would die. now when it dies, if i get kick it forward to start it the starter will engage and spin. but nothign will happen (ie starter going nuts, and no starting) if i returnt eh key to the very first position and try starting it, it wil start, but then it will die just like before. if i wait long enough, when i try and start it, it will run.

this problem only seems to occur at low speeds, it happened 2x at a stop, and 1x going 20 mph.

car specs:
95 impreza LX 2.2l AWD Auto
Rallitek PP SMT6
Legacy Turbo injectors
WRX TMIC
Deadbolt rebuit and P&P td04
Cone filter
atmosperic BOV
Helix 3" catless DP
Custom 2" uppipe
innovative motorsports wideband standalone sensor (replaced OEM 1st o2 sensor)

any ideas? advice tips? the car does have a CEL on, but it normally does. tomorow i am gonna scan it for further clues, since its 545 am. a few things that i think may be wrong with it:

overheating
Bad connections
Wiring fault on Piggyback (especially ignition part)
poor airflow to intake sensors
rear o2 sensor (plug maybe connected wrong)

---------------------------
got some new info! CEL is for the crankshaft positioning sensor, circuit malfuntion. there was also a code for the front 02 sensor which is the one i replaced with the wideband, but i did not correctly calibrate the sensor so i think that will fix that problem.

so i am wondering what up with the Crank sensor. did my sensor just take a flop? a loose conection? or perhaps something is the issue with the wiring i did to control timing with the PP6, since i needed to route the crank sensor signal through it inorder to alter the timing.

thoughts? any?