Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

REVIEW: WORKS Motorsport @ Infineon Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Car Info: bugeye
REVIEW: WORKS Motorsport @ Infineon Raceway

I recently had a great experience taking my car to WORKS up at Infineon raceway. Their main focus is making race-cars of all types (touring cars, time attack, rally, etc.) out of Lancers & EVOs. They also work on Subarus (obviously), VWs, BMWs, Lotus...pretty much anything that isn't American. Their shop is located behind the Go-Kart track at Sears Point.

I was really impressed with the shop after visiting it during a NASA HPDE event. Before even being a customer, they read a CEL for me, gave me a torque wrench to use on my wheels and had a nice place to crash during the mid-day heat. Pete, the owner, was formerly an engineer at Dinan and that level of professionalism is definitely carried over to WORKS. The garage bay was clean, well laid out and filled with a mix of street and track cars. The wall of Ohlins coilovers and the Exige in the bay was pure car-****.

So when I needed a few new parts installed on my car, I decided to give WORKS a shot. I am interested in track driving so it was great to work with a shop that has participated in dozens of events like the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, Redline Time Attack and Targa Newfoundland.

Besides basic maintenance like an oil change and fitting fresh tires (Dunlop Star Spec Z1s), WORKS installed Kartboy Subframe Lock Bolts & Outrigger Bushings along with the TiC Tranny & Pivot bushings. I got a call from their tech Lars who talked me through what would be the best alignment setting (zero toe all around, roughly 2 degrees negative camber). He also corner balanced my car.

I never thought my car's handling was skittish, but now I feel like any nervousness while turning is completley gone. The car feels unbelievably planted and a lot what I would imagine an M3 would feel like. Super-connected, confident and very predictable. Can't wait to see what it does at Thunderhill.

All the parts were installed beautifully and I am very happy that I left my car with WORKS! If you are up at Infineon, go check them out.

www.worksevo.com