WRX vs SRT-4 @ Infineon Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 06:32 PM

Car Info: none
WRX vs SRT-4 @ Infineon Raceway

I saw two SRT's running last night. One looked stock and the other was on smaller diameter drag slicks and sounded louder than the other one. I had a chance to run against the faster one.

WRX run:
60' = 1.837
ET = 13.298
MPH = 100.21

SRT run:
60' = 1.896
ET = 13.851
MPH = 98.54

I was shocked to see him next to me half way down and also impressed with the pass he made but don't think the car would run close to that on street tires. The slicks allowed him to cut an excellent 60' time. He had to run in Comp Rod the rest of the evening.

The stock looking one ran a 14.6 ET but broke down after two runs and was sitting on the side of the return road all night. So if you compare stock-to-stock cars, it will run neck and neck with a WRX. I know it's a neon but look out guys becuase this little car looks like a contender now.

Russell
Old 04-05-2003, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by mkewrx
Does this mean, all it takes is 2 drag races to break an SRT? Too bad for the guy. That's a fast Neon though... did you find out if he had any other mods?

Dennis
I think he was running a MBC and slicks. That's it.

The neons are going to be an interesting car to play w/. Too bad they are sooo ugly!![/B]
I'd have to agree with 100%. It's "Fast & Fugly".

Russell
Old 04-15-2003, 07:41 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX/STI 2.5 liter VF22
Re: WRX vs SRT-4 @ Infineon Raceway

Originally posted by WagonRX
I saw two SRT's running last night. One looked stock and the other was on smaller diameter drag slicks and sounded louder than the other one. I had a chance to run against the faster one.

WRX run:
60' = 1.837
ET = 13.298
MPH = 100.21

SRT run:
60' = 1.896
ET = 13.851
MPH = 98.54

I was shocked to see him next to me half way down and also impressed with the pass he made but don't think the car would run close to that on street tires. The slicks allowed him to cut an excellent 60' time. He had to run in Comp Rod the rest of the evening.

The stock looking one ran a 14.6 ET but broke down after two runs and was sitting on the side of the return road all night. So if you compare stock-to-stock cars, it will run neck and neck with a WRX. I know it's a neon but look out guys becuase this little car looks like a contender now.

Russell
i'm just wondering what you have for mods... very impressive ET
Old 04-15-2003, 10:19 PM

Re: Re: WRX vs SRT-4 @ Infineon Raceway

Originally posted by K2Skier
i'm just wondering what you have for mods... very impressive ET
That wasn't my fastest time but my Sig "VS2" = Vishnu Stage 2 with a ProTorque Torque Converter.

Russell
Old 04-16-2003, 12:33 AM

Originally posted by WagonRX

I'd have to agree with 100%. It's "Fast & Fugly".

Russell
Still funny to have WRX owners calling other cars ugly
Old 04-16-2003, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Kenn
Still funny to have WRX owners calling other cars ugly
LOL
Old 04-17-2003, 02:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
It took a while to get used to the bugeyes... but damn, you drop it a little and add nice wheels and WRX are just argressive looking, curvy enough but way more boxy. WRX definitely adds touches from the R34.

jason
Old 04-22-2003, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by mmboost
It took a while to get used to the bugeyes... but damn, you drop it a little and add nice wheels and WRX are just argressive looking, curvy enough but way more boxy. WRX definitely adds touches from the R34.

jason
Yeah I love the bugeyes, but I have to admit when I first saw them I couldn't stand it. I need to get me some EDM HIDs and the STi grill and I'll be set. 04 be damned
Old 04-29-2003, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 1998 Subaru Impreza L 2.2
Call me conservative...

but I like reliable horsepower. If I don't think a car can handle the added stress I would rather not mod it at all. I hear everyone saying how the SRT-4 is such a good deal for under $20K. I say that is still too much for a domestic that will break down after 2 races. I would like to be a well rounded guy who likes all cars, but I really hate Neons and Civics for some reason. Just my biased opinion.

-Charles
Old 05-23-2003, 01:14 AM

Car Info: dream car Subaru STi
we should appreciate the aesthetic beauty of every race car. even those old school domestics. i think the SRT4 doesnt look "ugly", when i c that car i just think "sweet ride" just as when i see a WRX.

Quick Reply: WRX vs SRT-4 @ Infineon Raceway