Several Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 05:02 PM

Several Questions...

First: Does anyone here have any experience dealing with DCH Subaru in Wappingers Falls NY?

Second: I really need some opinions here. My 01 Grand AM GT is decidedly, a piece of ****. I've been pouring money into it since I got it, and I still owe $7K on it. KBB for trade in is around $5/6K. In the condition it's in, it'll probably get 4K.

I'm looking to get a WRX wagon, just us a daily driver to replace it. Currently I'm looking at one with extremely high mileage, just so I have something more reliable and that gets a few gallons/mile better, so I can bide my time and money.

The bank told me that my best option would be to refinance my loan to incorporate the cost of the WRX, then fix and sell my Grand AM over time and use the money from that as a principal payment on the loan.

The WRX I'm looking at is (obviously) the one in the picture. The body's good, no major paint chippage. Runs as well as any other WRX I've driven. It's stats are as follows:

WRX Sport Wagon, 117K miles, 5spd, 6CD upgraded stereo, new clutch, short throw shifter and bushings. Adult owned, never smoked in, no accidents as per Carfax.

The guy is asking $8,500 (about 1K lower than KBB, as the guy's lowered the price twice -I've been watching it for a while-), and I'm going to try and offer 4500 with 5500-6000 being my real goal.

Opinions?
Attached Thumbnails Several Questions...-i-1_t.jpg