Best Dealership to buy new Subby in Tx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 08:08 PM

Best Dealership to buy new Subby in Tx?

Hi, I live in San Antonio and have just sold my bimmer to get a Subby. Ive been looking at used and new WRX's mostly. If I buy new it will be a 05 WRX. However, I just became more interested in the 05 Legacy GTs (after test driving). Theres a used silver/taupe 05 legacy GT LTD for sale here in San Antonio for $24,999. It has 8,261 miles but it is still used. I made an offer of $24000 OTD. My salesman went to the head guy and then the head guy came out and talked to me. I told him that the invoice for a new one was like $26,400. This one had been sitting in his lot for at least a month. He tried to make me sound like I didnt know what I was talking about and blah blah. I didnt feel like arguing and he tried to sell me a WRX for that price. He was a real jerk and asshat. I told him that his WRXs' were too high priced starting at $23k+ (I think $22k is more reasonable at this part of the year). I am going to wait a week and see if its still there. If I get a WRX it wont be from his dealership. Those Legacy GTs with leather are nice tho (if it was black it would be perfect).
Old 10-17-2005, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 04 WRX
It might be a late response, but did you end up getting the legacy or WRX? If you are still w/o a car, drive up to Dallas and check out Subaru of Dallas. They made me an offer below what I was going to start out w/ on my 04 WRX. I couldn't really argue as it was 1000 below invoice. The salesman is gone now in Kansas, but the people there have been really friendly. They also have a tuneshop there if you want anything added on w/o voiding your warranty.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by Zukaman
It might be a late response, but did you end up getting the legacy or WRX? If you are still w/o a car, drive up to Dallas and check out Subaru of Dallas. They made me an offer below what I was going to start out w/ on my 04 WRX. I couldn't really argue as it was 1000 below invoice. The salesman is gone now in Kansas, but the people there have been really friendly. They also have a tuneshop there if you want anything added on w/o voiding your warranty.

What he said. They are leniant as hell on warranty stuff. And you might just convince them to let you drive the ESX for a while.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Car Info: 05 Shivnuized STi (SOLD!)
"Best Dealership to buy new Subby in Tx?"

The one that gives you the lowest price quote at a distance you are willing to drive! Now service is a whole different ball of wax! : )
Old 10-27-2005, 05:31 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX; 99 Forester
call Heist at SOD
Old 10-29-2005, 07:31 AM

Car Info: '05 RS2.5 Wagon
Thumbs up Austin Subaru

A little closer to SA would be Austin Subaru (not Gillman!). I just bought my second Suby from them (05 RS2.5), and I have been freinds with most of the staff there for 4 years. Talk to Philip (Sales Manager) or Clayton (Salesperson), and tell them Jerry sent you over. They are EXTREMELY knowledgable about all the vehicles, as well as mods.

Jerry
05 RS2.5 Wagon