Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

WTF is wrong with black people?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:04 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by MVWRX
oppresion v ghetto? That's exactly chicken v egg...seriously. Why are there ghettos? Why were there ghettos in France 1000 years ago. Why are there ghettos anywhere at any time? Oppresed people live in ghettos. So which is to blame, oppresion or the 'ghetto life style'? Chicken or the egg...
It's not that simple. People of all colors are born into ghettos...some even move there deliberately. Some adapt and stay, some become criminals, and some get out and do something with their lives (i.e. Eminem... ok that's a joke ).

How is it oppression when it's their own neighbors and criminal activity (individual choice) is causing perpetual problems? The only fault of the government is making people reliant on handouts.

To blame whites is a cop out. The man is giving them opportunity to get ahead whether they choose to follow that route or not.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by Salty
I'm curious... does anyone think my post is racist? I was merely addressing an observation.
I don't, but in my opinion you feel alienated by African American's (more than likely due to their own alienation) and somewhat threatened by it. I'm not saying you're ascared of anyone, but you would most likely hesitate to approach a group of them standing around in a gaggle; either in a ghetto or not. You'd probably have to feel like you knew and liked at least one of them in order to not feel any anxiety whatsoever (though you'd still feel some.)

I'm no different than you, except something I've consciously tried to do is to lock away that anxiety in my brain and just see what happens if I were to approach that gaggle. Usually nothing. At worst, you sometimes get that not-very-welcome feeling, but generally I try to have an open look on my face and try not to show any disdain or discomfort in my body language. The situation's no different if a black man approaches a group of white men....both sides usually have 'thoughts' that are somehow generated into body language.

Here's a low-risk experiment I've tried. My area of responsibility is most of southern Indiana. My demographic is like 98% caucasion (no joke - click here for an excell spreadsheet showing demographics for a large part of my company area. Here's a website with a map showing the majority of my area.) You'll see, though, that Vanderburgh County (where Evansville is) is 89% caucasion, so I have a few schools down there that are 'multi-cultural'. Approach a gaggle of African American students and just start a conversation. I can't speak to Los Angeles County, but the majority of America isn't like what you see on the movies. If it were, I think you'd hear about a lot of recruiters gettin' gatted.

Free your mind, and the rest will follow.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
What the ****?!?

"Kosher", when used in this way, is a very negative term that I find offensive.
But that's cool with you, because when racism is practiced against Jews, it ain't racism.
Wow! Well, Im part Jewish and I do not believe that kosher in this useage is racist.

What the ****?!?

So, in the future, be careful when calling people racits[sic].
Thank you Mr. Rogers.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
So, are you admitting that social welfare programs, which have digested countless trillions of tax dollars, have failed at helping the so called oppressed in this country?
I suppose I'm admitting that the social welfare programs in this country have not done enough to end social oppresion while still costing far more than is neccesary (how about that, a liberal idea that would have been better off with a moderate-conservative's outlook). The welfare program right now wastes a lot (of time,money, people...), while still moving (slowely) towards giving everyone an equal opportunity regardless of their origins.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:59 AM

My point is if you're part of the so-called “struggle” as a non-white individual, then wouldn't you make a conscience effort to de-thug your appearance? Certainly couldn’t hurt. I could never understand this logic… you want the store clerk to stop looking at you down the aisles or maybe you want to be treated like a worthwhile member of society? Then pull up your goddamn pants, stop walking with a limp, form a coherent ****ing sentence for once, and fall in line like the rest of us, sh!thead! Nobody feels sorry for you!
I don't think this is racist, but it does show that you give full credence to today's 'in' values. I mean...by your logic, the most respect you could get would be by dressing like Ben Franklin himself. My point is that, who's to say what's 'respectable' by dress and speak and courtesy; we're all heathens according to the way we dress and talk by the founding father's standards, so are we all thugs?

It's the fact that people link 'falling in with the rest of us' with being respectable, especially with respect to dress and language. I don't think we should base respect on looks purely out of experiece, I know a lot of people that are smarter than me that look damn near like bums and sound like they've never been taught English, and I've met people who dress like The Donald himself and talk like British royalty that couldn't reason themselves into a pair of pants.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
How is it oppression when it's their own neighbors and criminal activity (individual choice) is causing perpetual problems? The only fault of the government is making people reliant on handouts.

One simple example. Joey grows up in suburban America. He knows kids that smoke pot, but beyond that he's never seen crime or drug use. In his existance, he would have no reason whatsoever to believe that crime in any form can benefit him.

But Stevie grows up in an inner city. He is exposed to drug sale and use from a much younger age, with harder (more addictive drugs) and more violence. For him, becoming a dealer (as a stepping stone in his own head) is logical and beneficial even though he doesn't do drugs and wants to get out of the 'scene' that he grew up in. But it isn't out of reach, and it works for some...so he might deal drugs...maybe to get tuition for community college, or studio time, or a library card, whatever. It's feasable and reasonable in his experience.

Joey goes to college, gets a reasonablly lucrative job, and never thinks twice about it.
Stevie gets caught dealing and enters the revolving door penetentiary system, never to have the success he got into dealing for in the first place.

Do they each have the same choice? No, Joey's choice is made already unless he conciously decides to break the norm of his entire world (community, peers, etc). But Stevie, because of a vicious cycle of inopportunity, sees crime as a viable choice.

The difference between the two is not a choice; it's BARELY his parents choice if anyone. So how do you give Stevie the same chance as Joey at birth when they both have proven nothing and desearve the same as each other?

Last edited by MVWRX; 04-11-2006 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 AM

My point is if you're part of the so-called “struggle” as a non-white individual...
I see where you are coming from, and think that I know you well enough to know you are not racist.

Still, these types of comments show a lack of knowledge when it comes to what it is like to live as a black man in the US. Getting up and out of the ghetto makes for great TV drama, but it is difficult to do.

Ive mentored and advocated on behalf of black foster kids, many of whom dont have the resources to get out of their predicaments. All they can concern themselves with is where they will sleep, how they will get food, and where they can find something to wear. I kid you not: for many of these youth, it truly is a game of survival that many of us "whiteys" can't even begin to relate to.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by lovesmysuby04
This isn't that sh!tty site Nasioc where you would get banned for threads like this. Be happy we have i-club, homo
Dumb should be banned. He is a cancer to this site.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:48 AM

Joey goes to college, gets a reasonablly lucrative job, and never thinks twice about it.
Stevie gets caught dealing and enters the revolving door penetentiary system, never to have the success he got into dealing for in the first place.
Great point mvwrx. Come on, how many of us know personally or know of white kids who got caught with (insert drug of choice here) by the man and only had a slap on the wrist? The system is not balanced. Spend a day in the courts to figure that one out for yourself.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by dub2w
YOU, STFU! I made this thread and "WTF" was the only reason people read it. I'm sorry your synapses aren't firing properly, otherwise you'd recognize the obvious.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:34 AM

social welfare programs in this country have not done enough to end social oppresion
Wow... just WOW. Let's put the "socially oppressed" in your neighborhood with your family/kids and see how they do.

Who is the oppressor? What's the solution? Obviously you haven't thought this through.

Great point mvwrx. Come on, how many of us know personally or know of white kids who got caught with (insert drug of choice here) by the man and only had a slap on the wrist? The system is not balanced. Spend a day in the courts to figure that one out for yourself.
It's obvious to me that you are bigoted against whites. I have spent time in court rooms and watched a BLACK DISTRICT ATTORNEY being equally prudent in cases against whites/blacks. An automatic assumption that it's "not balanced" without evidence shows your bias.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 04-11-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:55 AM

Wow... just WOW. Let's put the "socially oppressed" in your neighborhood with your family/kids and see how they do.
If they are put there from birth, they'd do just as fine as anyone else.

Originally Posted by Helladumb
Who is the oppressor? What's the solution? Obviously you haven't thought this through.

Did you even read my examples and other posts? The solution? THAT'S THE ONLY SMART THING YOU'VE POSTED HERE. We don't have a solution, but recognizing that nobody WANTS to be poor or live in a ghetto (as opposed to your f***ed logic that everyone who lives in poverty made a choice to do so) is a good start.

Do you think everyone in America already has equality? I could swear that's what you're claiming....and it's assinine.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 PM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Do you even know me? No so STFU
Old 04-11-2006, 01:49 PM

point taken 2pac

Last edited by dub2w; 04-11-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:57 PM

It's obvious to me that you are bigoted against whites.
I must be. Im also probably a Communist.

I have spent time in court rooms and watched a BLACK DISTRICT ATTORNEY being equally prudent in cases against whites/blacks. An automatic assumption that it's "not balanced" without evidence shows your bias.
Fair enough, but to clarify, I am speaking more to the levels of access to good attorneys. A rich white kid, with a good expensive attorney, will walk away much cleaner than a minority kid with a crap DA.

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong with black people?