Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

When should we bomb Iran?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:10 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
When should we bomb Iran?

Their leader is willing to loose 1/2 of Iran's population wiping the jews off of the Earth.
Do we:

1. Wait until they attack.

2. Pre empt their asses.

3. Do nothing.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
If there`s a threat against us then choice 2 sounds good.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:41 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Not our problem until something actually happens. We can't go around punching countries in the face for making idle threats.... well, I suppose we could, but it won't end well.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:15 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Not our problem until something actually happens. We can't go around punching countries in the face for making idle threats.... well, I suppose we could, but it won't end well.
I agree...buuuuut....

Just think how Hitler could've been defeated in '36 before he began his world tour.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:41 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
our oil crisis will be 10x worse if we attack now. we should wait it out

Last edited by nslow_fast_out; 07-11-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:53 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I agree...buuuuut....

Just think how Hitler could've been defeated in '36 before he began his world tour.
Do you really think that the threat Iran poses is anything like Hitler? While he may say he is willing to lose half his population getting rid of the Jews, I doubt that half of the population would be willing to give their lives in such an endeavor.

I simply don't see Iran as much of a threat to us. Sure, the Israelis should feel threatened by the thought of a nuclear Iran, but I doubt that the Iranians would be willing to risk nuclear war with the Israelis. They may be crazy, but they are not completely irrational. I don't think that the Iranian political leaders would risk the fate of their entire country over the issue.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
i say do nothing ... as it just gonna mess up US economy more
Old 07-11-2008, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
bush attacks iran
new president is left with unfinished work
mccain gets more support due to his experience and pro-war stance
america's economy plumets even more.

usa will lose it's power within 20 years.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:39 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I agree...buuuuut....

A view of the past is always 20/20.

However, until there is actual evidence that Iran will try an follow through with genocide, I say we sit back. I'd like to just shoot first and ask questions later, but not at this day and age.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
The way I look at it, Iran is no real threat to us. If they attack Israel with or without nukes the entire free world(Sans the f*cking french of course) would be on board with taking them out and they would have signed their own death warrant. There will be no BS coalition of the willing like with Iraq.

Besides Israel, I'm pretty sure, can take care of themselves.....
Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by Magish
Do you really think that the threat Iran poses is anything like Hitler? While he may say he is willing to lose half his population getting rid of the Jews, I doubt that half of the population would be willing to give their lives in such an endeavor.
As Fanatical Islamists are Threat #1, yes, he's a problem.
As 11% of Germans gave their lives for Hitler, 50% of Iranians is believeble.

I simply don't see Iran as much of a threat to us. Sure, the Israelis should feel threatened by the thought of a nuclear Iran, but I doubt that the Iranians would be willing to risk nuclear war with the Israelis. They may be crazy, but they are not completely irrational. I don't think that the Iranian political leaders would risk the fate of their entire country over the issue.
I don't know....President of a an extremist muslim state with nukes sounds kinda scary to me.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:25 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza Brighton bone stock sadly
is it true that we have stopped oil drilling in Alaska due to the ****in greenies that say its bad for the animals? if so then that could be the ******* solution to all this...drill oil in alaska, oh and wait we could drill in siberia...they have oil too...and as part of the UN the United States has a duty to try and PREVENT ish like this happening...talk to the Iranians and see wat the plan to do, if the wanna take action then we bomb the **** out of them until they submit and then imprison them and claim the country as United States territory, then its our oil that we are drilling not theirs :P
Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Do you really think that the threat Iran poses is anything like Hitler?

Worse maybe given their nuclear capability.

We can't afford another war. Let Israel deal with them.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
There is entirely too much interest in the region for the US to keeps their hands out of a Israel/Iran Conflict. Each country has very different allies all of which have their own interests to protect in the event a war was to erupt. Deals will be made lines will be crossed, and alliances will be broken. This is a major deal and every county that has interest in the region (including France) are on the edge of their seats. WW3 is quite possibly on the horizon.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
We definitely should not sit idolly by while this unfolds. I definitely advocate using diplomacy first. We should consider sanctions but that has its cons. You're creating animosity with an entire populace and if the sanctions don't work and you do have to intervene there's more animosity (ref: Iraq). I think we need to show Iran that we will not hesitate to annihilate serious infrastructure within their country if they choose not to comply with international pressure.

At the same time, Israel as far as I'm concerned has burnt up its "carte blanche" long ago. Their policies with Palestine are down right egregious and completely hypocritical. If I were living in Gaza there would be hell to pay.

We need to give them a serious ultimatum that is within reason and stand by it if they violate it. They can continue persuing nuclear power as long as it is under strict supervision of the IAEA and UN but only after they remove missile sites within X range of their northern border and begin dismantling all offensive weaponry. Advocate a defense-only posture.

Lastly we need to ensure the Iran understands they have a vested interest in Iraq. The easiest way to tie that would be to rile up the Kurd population which makes up a huge demographic of each country. Also show them how Iraq can truly screw them by dumping cheap fuel out of ABOT and put a strangle hold on OPEC if they choose to making Iran's fuel supply essentially worthless to investors.

I could go on but I'll stop.

Quick Reply: When should we bomb Iran?