Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Wear The Flag, get sent home.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 01 rs
Originally Posted by terrible1
overbear = moron! that guy always has to argue with everthing on this forum. hes always right and hes always knows better. and now he let the racism show, good job buddy! hahahaha! as for the american flag shirts, its bad judgement. theres nothing wrong with wearing american flag shirts and bandanas, especially since we do live in america. but they didnt have to wear the shirts that day, and turn it into a group effort. its not that big of a deal i guess? im mexican american and think the holiday is retarded! haha!
agreed.

like someone else also stated, i think they have the best interest of the kids and faculty, race wars in highschool are no fun.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by jewpac42
They drink like fish everyday!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 AM

Omg

hilarious

does anyone get this??

Sensitive to american mexicans?????????? Well if they are american mexicans they ought to love the goddamn flag.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:24 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
"As much as I support those kids"

means I have no problems with them wearing those shirts. I don't think there's a lack of judgment either.

Overbear has a serious lack of judgment, and it's way over the top. He needs to tone that **** down. I won't stand for it. even if I means I gotta get dished points for flamming.
Originally Posted by terrible1
overbear = moron! that guy always has to argue with everthing on this forum. hes always right and hes always knows better. and now he let the racism show, good job buddy! hahahaha! as for the american flag shirts, its bad judgement. theres nothing wrong with wearing american flag shirts and bandanas, especially since we do live in america. but they didnt have to wear the shirts that day, and turn it into a group effort. its not that big of a deal i guess? im mexican american and think the holiday is retarded! haha!
Considering I am half Mexican (on fathers side) I would say you are both talking out your backside.

What I said is truth, this, is the USA, not Mexico, not china, not any other country. You live here, you show pride in this country, does the term "great melting pot" not mean anything to you? Melting pot, as in everything all mixed up together, not a bunch of separate parts, something again very few of you seem to understand.

The only racist thing in this, is someone who thinks its wrong to stand up for your country and your views. I would have the same thing to say for May day(Russian), or the fifth of November(British). It is 100% appropriate for those boys, or anyone to wear a t-shirt with an American flag on it, any day they want, because THAT is what this country is all about...freedom.

Oh and on that note, for **** sake, both of you, get a spelling checker please, Its a free download for IE and/or Firefox.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 01 rs
Originally Posted by Overbear
Considering I am half Mexican (on fathers side) I would say you are both talking out your backside.

What I said is truth, this, is the USA, not Mexico, not china, not any other country. You live here, you show pride in this country, does the term "great melting pot" not mean anything to you? Melting pot, as in everything all mixed up together, not a bunch of separate parts, something again very few of you seem to understand.

The only racist thing in this, is someone who thinks its wrong to stand up for your country and your views. I would have the same thing to say for May day(Russian), or the fifth of November(British). It is 100% appropriate for those boys, or anyone to wear a t-shirt with an American flag on it, any day they want, because THAT is what this country is all about...freedom.

Oh and on that note, for **** sake, both of you, get a spelling checker please, Its a free download for IE and/or Firefox.
I see where your coming from and i accept your opinion, i do not feel like this is an issue of being racist just an issue of people looking out for the schools greater good. something similiar happened at my highschool. black people decided to where sombreros one cinco de mayo for whatever reason and it started a big race war for weeks.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon

When is it poor judgment to want to show support for the country you live in?

This ain't mexico, its the USA, our flag ain't the ugly red white and green thing with the bird on it, ours is the stars and stripes. You(as in someone) want to be all Mexican patriotic, go back to Mexico.
What is racist about this statement?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
I don't see any issue with American flags being worn on cinco de mayo. I actually find it very upsetting that anyone has a problem with it. The American flag is our national flag and it should be allowed any day, any time, any place, 365 days a year if anyone chooses to do so. the American flag represents more than just a country it represents freedom, liberty and so much more.

Last edited by nslow_fast_out; 05-06-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
That analogy doesn't really work.

The thing with this is that assimilation is a lost concept on today's immigrants, legal and illegal. The go to argument about all of us being derived from immigrants is true, but we as a country didn't face the same challenges brought upon by immigration at that time, and those immigrants came here to CONTRIBUTE, they had pride in their new home. It wasn't just a handout nor did it foster this bull**** sense of entitlement a lot of people have these days.

Slammed it out of the ballpark. Bravo!
I'm proud of my ethnicity AND my nationality, I wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing wrong with new immigrants being proud of their ethnicity, but they must never forgot that they (and we) are all suckling on the teat of the United States of America. To forget that is to spite the hand that feeds you.

What was done to those American-flag wearing high schoolers is despicable.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
That analogy doesn't really work.

The thing with this is that assimilation is a lost concept on today's immigrants, legal and illegal. The go to argument about all of us being derived from immigrants is true, but we as a country didn't face the same challenges brought upon by immigration at that time, and those immigrants came here to CONTRIBUTE, they had pride in their new home. It wasn't just a handout nor did it foster this bull**** sense of entitlement a lot of people have these days.
Didn't see this earlier but I agree. My Grandparents came over after WWII from the Czech Republic to escape the Russians, learned English, went to work, and built a very comfortable life for themselves. They never took anything for granted, never thought this country owed them anything, but they also did not forget their roots and traditions from where they came.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Well on the 4th of July I'm sure the schools will not let the latinos have red green and white on right?...... Oh never mind you can't tell someone to do that because it would them be "racist"

In america if your proud to be white and a American it's comes off as "racest" for some reason!

I myself like everyone and don't think its good to live in hate just because someone looks different then me, but I can tell you I get tired of people saying stuff like " The reason you did not get pulled over is because your white" and "you would not understand, your white"

Last edited by 04caliwrx; 05-06-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:23 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Didn't see this earlier but I agree. My Grandparents came over after WWII from the Czech Republic to escape the Russians, learned English, went to work, and built a very comfortable life for themselves. They never took anything for granted, never thought this country owed them anything, but they also did not forget their roots and traditions from where they came.
Exactly, my moms side of the family is strong with scott blood, and everyone visits the "old world" once in a while, but they are all fiercely American and proud of it.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:44 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
That vice principal is a ****ing moron.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Car Info: .
Yup, I remember my great grandmother telling stories of how excited people were to come to America. They learned the language in their country, studied US history for the citizenship exam, came here and, once they gained citizenship, had such a feeling of pride instilled in them.

Stark contrast to today's immigrants who look at you like you're crazy if you don't understand them or sympathize with their sob story. This country wasn't built on a sob story, it was built on hard work and pride.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Yup, I remember my great grandmother telling stories of how excited people were to come to America. They learned the language in their country, studied US history for the citizenship exam, came here and, once they gained citizenship, had such a feeling of pride instilled in them.

Stark contrast to today's immigrants who look at you like you're crazy if you don't understand them or sympathize with their sob story. This country wasn't built on a sob story, it was built on hard work and pride.
The thing, above all else, that really makes me angry is that they come here and expect us to learn their language. You want to be a citizen or get a drivers liscense in this country? You should have to be able to pass the exam in English to do so.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 02wrx
There's nothing wrong with wearing patriotic clothes. But I think the point is that it was done on purpose because it was a group of students that did it. It's not a coincedence that a group of friends all had patriotic clothes on. One of the guys was wearing shorts with the American flag print all over it and a shirt with the flag aswell. Obviously he was trying to make a statement. I think everyone is just making a big deal about this. I'm half Mexican and I think cinco de mayo is retarded. It's not even the Mexican independence day. They celebrate it because they won a battle over the french. I don't see us Americans celebrating the victory of ww2. Haha. People are just to sensative these days.

Quick Reply: Wear The Flag, get sent home.