Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Wear The Flag, get sent home.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:34 AM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
As much as I agree that it should be there right to do, it almost seems blatant that they wore that on Cinco de mayo to get a rise out of those who were of Mexican/Spanish decent.

I mean would they have worn that any other day of the week?
they're just trolls looking for a reaction. wow.
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
As much as I agree that it should be there right to do, it almost seems blatant that they wore that on Cinco de mayo to get a rise out of those who were of Mexican/Spanish decent.

That's obvious. But to make them remove the shirt or suspension?

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
some people at my high school wore stuff like these kids did all the time. But it doesn't matter if they did it for a rise or not. If they want to wear a flag, of any county on any day, they should be able to without harassment.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi

And lets put this in context. There are tensions are Live Oak just like there are tensions at any school where the student pop is predominantly hispanic. Admins, who deal with issues that are unique to their campus on a day to day basis, must have seen this as a catalyst and took action...whether it was the right decision is up for debate.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
wow MAJOR BS there. Thats insane.

Wonder if they will write a follow up story on this.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by ruehl
some people at my high school wore stuff like these kids did all the time. But it doesn't matter if they did it for a rise or not. If they want to wear a flag, of any county on any day, they should be able to without harassment.
exactly. any country, anytime. That's freedom they should have unless the school has strict guidelines against such clothing.

Besides, cinco de mayo isn't a national holiday in Mexico, and is only celebrated in 1 state there. We celebrate it here, and as much as I feel it's like every other holiday (commercialization), it's apparently still important to Mexican-Americans, so good for them.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
Originally Posted by jewpac42
While he said it pretty racistly, I agree with the sentiment. Those kids did not use poor judgement. If they want to wear their countries colors, no matter what day it is, they have the right to do so. Just like if someone wants to wear a t-shirt with the flag of another country on the 4th of July they have every right to do so and should face no backlash as a result.
LOL you think this country is as tolerant as you think they should be? They couldn't even handle this situation.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
Also why do we celebrate St. Patty's Day? I think it is the same idea, I should be reprimanded for wearing green. WTF?

Maybe we should go to Ireland and all celebrate. Right?

In all seriousness, nothing good comes out of saying comments like that Overbear.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM

Car Info: .
And to the guy commenting on going back to Mexico to celebrate. You shouldn't be a suby owner then, Subaru's are from Japan, go to Japan to drive them.
That analogy doesn't really work.

The thing with this is that assimilation is a lost concept on today's immigrants, legal and illegal. The go to argument about all of us being derived from immigrants is true, but we as a country didn't face the same challenges brought upon by immigration at that time, and those immigrants came here to CONTRIBUTE, they had pride in their new home. It wasn't just a handout nor did it foster this bull**** sense of entitlement a lot of people have these days.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
regardless of anything else, you should be able to wear patriotic gear any time you anywhere you want, especially if you are wearing the colors of the country you reside in.

I remember when it was cinco de mayo when i was in school the hispanic kids would wear the soccer jerseys of whatever country they were from, not even just mexico jerseys.

I dont understand why it matters. The fact that the administrator doesnt realize that May 5 is some made up bull**** is more appalling than anything else. And the fact he would give the kids a hard time is retarded
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Also why do we celebrate St. Patty's Day? I think it is the same idea, I should be reprimanded for wearing green. WTF?

Maybe we should go to Ireland and all celebrate. Right?

In all seriousness, nothing good comes out of saying comments like that Overbear.
They dont really even celebrate St Pattys day in Ireland like we do here
Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
LOL you think this country is as tolerant as you think they should be? They couldn't even handle this situation.
What?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
They dont really even celebrate St Pattys day in Ireland like we do here
They drink like fish everyday!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by soundwave
they're just trolls looking for a reaction. wow.
And what is the best way to react to someone looking for a reaction?

Leave them alone, they will go away. All they want is attention, and if you give it to them, they win.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:15 AM

Car Info: subaru impreza wrx 2002
overbear = moron! that guy always has to argue with everthing on this forum. hes always right and hes always knows better. and now he let the racism show, good job buddy! hahahaha! as for the american flag shirts, its bad judgement. theres nothing wrong with wearing american flag shirts and bandanas, especially since we do live in america. but they didnt have to wear the shirts that day, and turn it into a group effort. its not that big of a deal i guess? im mexican american and think the holiday is retarded! haha!

Quick Reply: Wear The Flag, get sent home.