Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

are they just stupid or what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
are they just stupid or what?

so i am reading the homepage on msn.com and i see this article :

"Report: X-ray machines don’t detect explosives"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14353942/

and i am thinking to myself....what is with the media these days in this country...are you just trying to give ideas to the terrorists now. I mean you hear reports all over our news that our airports really arent that safe and that all our security measures arent up to par, so WTF is this country doing! its like "NEON SIGN" we are vulnerable and here is what we are vulnerable in and at, come do harm to us!!!

sometimes i dont know about this country...
Old 08-15-2006, 10:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
My dad brought up a similar point yesterday. He thought it odd that they are issuing a list of what items are banned from carry-on. For instance, we're flying in a few days with toddlers and my wife complained that liquid filled teething rings are forbidden.

My take is that if there is a thorough list of forbidden items, it will narrow down the list of things the security folks will have to watch out for. Now they can focus on more innovative ideas.

Have you noticed how the security folks skirt around the issue of 'how do you anticipate people bringing explosives on in their baggage?'

With regards to the xray, I'd imagine that if the press knows, then the terrorists would know. The terrorists have access to scientists and security-folks too. The security folks who work in the American and UK airports receive security screenings, but anyone can lie their way through those.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
from what I've heard in the past the x-ray techs are supposed to be looking for the wiring rather than the explosive material itself