Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Racist Cop or Racist Prof?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
... and don't call me Surely.
i love that ****ing movie haha

always puts me in a good mood
Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by sigma pi
yeah you do that and let me know how it turns out
See my previous post where I addressed that:

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
As for "say whatever you want," you're right -- verbally berating an officer will at times incite them to an abuse of their power. The fact remains that insulting an officer's "mother" is not a crime.

If you don't believe me, ask any of the officers on this site, all of whom seem like very reasonable and respectful people. I bet you that they will all say that a good officer will continue to act in a professional capacity and not use verbal insults as an excuse to come down harder on someone.
Just because the reality of the situation is such that officers will often abuse their power does not mean that it is right or legal. That's why I said "I should be able to say whatever the **** I want to them."
Old 07-28-2009, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
just sprinkle some crack on him
Old 07-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI Silver/78 911sc/ktm380exc/03 RC51/F4i
Yelling at a police officer is not a crime,he was falsely arrested and that's why the charges were dropped.Obama should not have commented on the situation and the media should not have payed this any attention let alone fuel the fire.

Similar situations like this happen all the time involving persons of all races,just because the guy is a professor does not mean it should get national attention.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

See my previous post where I addressed that:

Just because the reality of the situation is such that officers will often abuse their power does not mean that it is right or legal. That's why I said "I should be able to say whatever the **** I want to them."
get off your high horse you dumb ***

make a threat that sounds like " i am going to harm the president of the united states of america " see where that lands you
Old 07-28-2009, 04:16 PM

get off your high horse you dumb ***
Wow. Is that kind of behavior really appropriate for a site moderator? What about my statement indicates that I'm on a high horse? The fact that I'm aware of what is legal and what isn't? Or are you just upset at anyone that is intent on preserving their civil liberties and constitutional rights?

make a threat that sounds like " i am going to harm the president of the united states of america " see where that lands you
Speaking of being a "dumbass," I said nothing about making threats of murder, I said insulting a police officer is not a crime. And your example is invalid, as federal law states that making a threat against the life of the president is a crime, per U.S. code title 18, 871.

My suggestion: don't call someone a dumbass if you're going to make yourself look like a ****ing idiot in the same post. And don't call someone something on the internet that you're not willing to call them face to face.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 AM

Car Info: 05 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Why? What should they charge him with?

He didn't break the law. Even if you don't like what the professor did, he still had the right to do it. There's no law that says you have to be friendly and cordial when being questioned by the police.

Out of all the hyperbole in this forum about how were losing more rights every day, I wouldn't expect this comment.
He was arrested for Disorderly conduct, not B&E.
he was warned several times. The Charges were dropped because of who he was and because of the racial S***storm (no other reason).

You go talk s*** to a cop and get arrested and see if the charges suddenly get dropped.

I don't think the cop is in the wrong here. (and I'm not by in large Police state or pro-police for that matter)
I have a problem with special classes. "oh you can't arrest him!! He's a special person!! He's a Harvard Professor and a Friend of the One!!"

And as long as we're on it.. The cop wasn't the one that dropped the race card 10 seconds into the interaction.

Let's face it. The Professor was using the race card to get himself some sort of special treatment. and really he didn't need it.

If the Prof would have showed his ID.. (keep in mind he had just forced open the front door of a house.) and not been a complete *ss to the cop! we probably would not be hearing this on the news.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:05 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Tizzo27
He was arrested for Disorderly conduct, not B&E.
he was warned several times. The Charges were dropped because of who he was and because of the racial S***storm (no other reason).

You go talk s*** to a cop and get arrested and see if the charges suddenly get dropped.

I don't think the cop is in the wrong here. (and I'm not by in large Police state or pro-police for that matter)
I have a problem with special classes. "oh you can't arrest him!! He's a special person!! He's a Harvard Professor and a Friend of the One!!"

And as long as we're on it.. The cop wasn't the one that dropped the race card 10 seconds into the interaction.

Let's face it. The Professor was using the race card to get himself some sort of special treatment. and really he didn't need it.

If the Prof would have showed his ID.. (keep in mind he had just forced open the front door of a house.) and not been a complete *ss to the cop! we probably would not be hearing this on the news.
He didn't break the law. Pulling the race card and throwing a *****fit wasn't illegal. Just because a cop can find an excuse to arrest you doesn't make it right. The cop likely would have been reprimanded if he followed through with the charges because he would have been sued for wrongful arrest.

It was a bull**** charge and the cop knew it after all was said and done. The guy didn't do anything wrong.

This should not have required any special treatment. No one else in that guy's position should have been arrested either. People are only respectful to the police because they are scared. This guy wasn't scared of the cops and this pissed off a lot of people who are and think he should be arrested for it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

If a police officer is on my property and has no warrant, exigent circumstances or probable cause, I should be able to say whatever the **** I want to them.

I said insulting a police officer is not a crime.
no you didnt, you are wrong.

now you will not admit you are wrong you will just argue

thats exactly why you are on your high horse

this is the politics forum if you can take criticism then this maybe not the right part of the forum for you. its going go get heated. ill be at BAM lets all meet at pauls tent and have a beer

and yes i talk to people like this in real life ask SCIC ill call them dumb *** useless ect ect to their face. no problems, now saying it behind some ones back i dont like.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus

this is the politics forum if you can take criticism then this maybe not the right part of the forum for you. its going go get heated. ill be at BAM lets all meet at pauls tent and have a beer

and yes i talk to people like this in real life ask SCIC ill call them dumb *** useless ect ect to their face. no problems, now saying it behind some ones back i dont like.
STFU dumb ***!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by ipozestu
STFU dumb ***!!!

go to BAM!

and racist would be saying i bet they are going to drink Colt 45 40s
Old 07-29-2009, 12:09 PM

If I'm wrong on anything, it's of not making myself clear enough.

What you're doing is taking my statement out of context and taking it to the extreme so that you can misrepresent what I said, and what I meant.

The entire discussion in this thread about what Gates said to the officer has been based on the fact that he insulted the officer, which is not a crime. My statement was written within the context of that discussion, and as such it should have been implied that I did not mean it to include threatening to kill someone.

Regardless of all that, I told you what I meant, after you either purposely or genuinely "misunderstood" my statement.

And now this has become an argument of semantics, which I hate participating in. I'm only writing this response to clarify exactly what I meant.

I know that this is the politics forum and things get heated; I've posted enough in here to know that. But your slinging of names is not criticism, it is an ad hominem attack.

I have no problem having a beer with you, or anyone here, but leave the insults out of our interactions. Things can get heated without being an *******. I think we're all adult enough to be able to do that, right?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:17 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
As for "say whatever you want," you're right -- verbally berating an officer will at times incite them to an abuse of their power. The fact remains that insulting an officer's "mother" is not a crime
it is not a crime, but it is not protected speech either.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by irrational x
Ehh... I'm not sure about that, but since I don't have a specialty in constitutional law, I'm not going to argue the point. Remember, freedom of speech and freedom of expression have pretty broad applications across the board.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by irrational x
Verbally insulting a person isn't protected speech?

Quick Reply: Racist Cop or Racist Prof?