Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Obama's Policies Would Redistribute Nearly $1 Trillion in Wealth Every Year

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:56 PM

Car Info: WRB WRX 2007
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Of course you do...why earn it through your own labors?

I am pretty sure you don't understand but you are also in the bottom percentile unless if you are making over 250k, and we are talking about 3% tax increase for those who make 250k and up. Even after that bump the top tax bracket in America will still be lower than it ever has been. look it up before you spout off and quit taking what FOX news tells you as fact. I just makes no sense that everyone thinks they are a part of this group when the people actually complaining are making millions, not the measly 30k to 200k we make.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:36 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by TheOnlyLotus33
I am pretty sure you don't understand but you are also in the bottom percentile unless if you are making over 250k, and we are talking about 3% tax increase for those who make 250k and up. Even after that bump the top tax bracket in America will still be lower than it ever has been. look it up before you spout off and quit taking what FOX news tells you as fact. I just makes no sense that everyone thinks they are a part of this group when the people actually complaining are making millions, not the measly 30k to 200k we make.

Here's a clue, Mr Jumptoconclusion...I don't watch tv or listen to radio(other than Dr Savage).

I am pretty sure you won't understand, but progressive taxation is the cause of California's financial troubles.

If you'd like, I can explain it to you.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:04 PM

You feel that this country is in the best shape it can be right now? Everyone seems to forget how we got into this situation with the Bush admin. changing these policies, we need to return to the state we were in pre Bush. In the current state the rich can get richer and have a static tax cap but the poor can't buy food? how is this correct? michael savage is the only source of info you have? that man makes over 3 million dollars a year to talk on the radio, you have no financial connection with him. explain to me how you relate to him? I am sure that you feel that he makes things sound really good for the lament but the truth is he takes small pieces of the truth to make up something that will be a great binky for the common man to latch onto and try to relate their problems to. that isn't news its infotainment.

Last edited by TheOnlyLotus33; 09-26-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:07 PM

Car Info: .
In the current state the rich can get richer and have a static tax cap but the poor can't buy food? how is this correct?
No one is keeping the poor poor but themselves. Wether they're under-skilled or under-educated, that is their problem. Why should I have to bear a financial burden for their poor life choices? (I is hypothetical since I'm not in that 'tax bracket').

I don't make anywhere near $250k a year and I think this is BS at its finest. Anyone who accepts a handout via someone else's effort is a sad individual.

Reevaluate your priorities and get some self respect.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:22 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
No one is keeping the poor poor but themselves. Wether they're under-skilled or under-educated, that is their problem. Why should I have to bear a financial burden for their poor life choices? (I is hypothetical since I'm not in that 'tax bracket').

I don't make anywhere near $250k a year and I think this is BS at its finest. Anyone who accepts a handout via someone else's effort is a sad individual.

When (insert president's name) cut taxes in the upper tax brackets they weren't handouts, but letting those breaks expire and cutting taxes on the other end of the spectrum makes it a "hand out".

Sounds like a double standard.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
When (insert president's name) cut taxes in the upper tax brackets they weren't handouts, but letting those breaks expire and cutting taxes on the other end of the spectrum makes it a "hand out".

Sounds like a double standard.
Cutting taxes and wealth redistribution are different.

And I never commented on anything other than the topic of this post.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:45 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

You feel that this country is in the best shape it can be right now? Everyone seems to forget how we got into this situation with the Bush admin. changing these policies, we need to return to the state we were in pre Bush. In the current state the rich can get richer and have a static tax cap but the poor can't buy food? how is this correct? michael savage is the only source of info you have? that man makes over 3 million dollars a year to talk on the radio, you have no financial connection with him. explain to me how you relate to him? I am sure that you feel that he makes things sound really good for the lament but the truth is he takes small pieces of the truth to make up something that will be a great binky for the common man to latch onto and try to relate their problems to. that isn't news its infotainment.
Your ignorance is laughable!
Do you really believe that the country was peachy until that mean ol' Bush was elected?
What was the cause of the current housing market collapse?
When was it set in motion?
And, who were the key players?

Answer those questions, and you might see that the Democratic Party is far more evil than Republicans.
The only thing oppresing poor folks are themselves.
This country, even with all of it's faults, is still the land of opportunity...for those willing to work for said opportunity.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
The only thing oppresing poor folks are themselves.
This country, even with all of it's faults, is still the land of opportunity...for those willing to work for said opportunity.
thats contradictory.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by cracker1252
thats contradictory.
Elaborate.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Answer those questions, and you might see that the Democratic Party is far more evil than Republicans.
Neither party is more evil, good or sensible than the other IMO.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:33 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Cutting taxes and wealth redistribution are different.

And I never commented on anything other than the topic of this post.
Tax cuts on one end of the spectrum and not the other end is not wealth redistribution today anymore than it has been through the whole history of our progressive tax. If I get a tax break, I hardly consider that a handout, likewise if their was a tax break on the other end of the spectrum, I wouldn't insist it was a hand out. I just think that's manipulating reality to better fit an idealistic point of view.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM

They don't know what self-respect means. They are socially-oriented people, in the sense that all of their value is derived from an entity outside of their individual selves. This is why they trust the government and their words. Government tells them they need "assistance," and they say yes, you are right government, assist us.

It is very clear that the ideas of the Enlightenment are lost upon such people.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:05 PM

no one party is evil, I never stated that. "In the land of opportunity" if it is the land of opportunity, you do not have to "work for that opportunity" you may have to work for success but opportunity will always be there for you. I bet that is a Michael Savage, quote that makes absolutely no sense.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

no one party is evil, I never stated that. "In the land of opportunity" if it is the land of opportunity, you do not have to "work for that opportunity" you may have to work for success but opportunity will always be there for you. I bet that is a Michael Savage, quote that makes absolutely no sense.

I did not say that you had claimed that a party was evil; those are my words.
However, you did infer that the Bush Admin, which presumably includes Bush and his supporters, are the sole cause of the current financial troubles.

This is false.

As far as I know, I'm the originator of that quote.

You are correct, the opportunity will be there, regardless of what action (or inaction) a person takes to exploit said opportunity.

Example:

Poor kid wants a better life.
Applies for financial aid and goes to college.
Graduates and becomes a productive member of society.

If a person fails to exploit an opportunity, how is it anyone's fault other than that person's?