Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Obama got elected because of Affirmative Action...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Try giving a speech on why affirmative action is horrible in an "African Americans in History" class when you're one of only two white guys in the class
Did you inform "those people" that AA is horribly racist?

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
At least he put in the effort of forgery and lying.
Hadn't thought of it like that before...
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
no matter what anyone says, his color played a big role. even if obama didn't want to, people voted for or against obama because of color. religion is also a huge, huge part of it. majority of americans are still religioius, and almost half believe in literal genesis. if obama said he was muslim or atheist, or jewish, anything other than christian or catholic, I don't think he would have won.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:35 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Pssssst....it's 2009.
epic ownage

the liberals = not smart

and OP is wrong
he won because he had the most money
Old 07-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by sigma pi
epic ownage

the liberals = not smart

Pssssst....it's 2009.
Oh, the election was this year?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:12 AM

Car Info: Nadda

and OP is wrong
he won because he had the most money
I wonder why he got huge endorsements? You think it was just the private sector? I bet you people who have never donated before donated this time, Entertainers, such as P. Diddy, Mariah Carey, Beyonce, etc. probably poured in a good 5-10million. You're saying he didn't get a penny of his donations, or any of his career wasn't advanced because of affirmative action? He didn't get elected SOLELY on affirmative action, but I'm sure the boost of how people felt was closer than any normal white guy would has given off.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I wonder why he got huge endorsements? You think it was just the private sector? I bet you people who have never donated before donated this time, Entertainers, such as P. Diddy, Mariah Carey, Beyonce, etc. probably poured in a good 5-10million. You're saying he didn't get a penny of his donations, or any of his career wasn't advanced because of affirmative action? He didn't get elected SOLELY on affirmative action, but I'm sure the boost of how people felt was closer than any normal white guy would has given off.
they dontated for clinton
Old 07-15-2009, 09:20 AM
9 to 5 mod

Oh, the election was this year?

Haha, wooooosh!
obama was sworn in this year

liberals < GWB
Old 07-15-2009, 10:26 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
If by "hired" you mean chosen by a clear majority of constitutionally defined citizens of the United States, then yes he was.

If by "Affirmative Action" you mean he was picked amongst Democratic leaders over a "more qualified" Hillary Clinton, then yes he was.

Outside of that; to the seemingly unqualified for life darkies out here, you are just stirring the poop soup that will be the bane of your existence until the next election, and/or you get off the cross, build a bridge, and get over it.

Have a nice day.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by STiForFun
you get off the cross, build a bridge, and get over it.
Pardon me, but I'm pretty sure no one has ever built a bridge to get over a crucifix, seeing as one can simply walk around it.

Nice try.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
"darkies"...lol
Old 07-15-2009, 05:34 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
obama was sworn in this year

liberals < GWB

I accept your apology.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by STiForFun
If by "hired" you mean chosen by a clear majority of constitutionally defined citizens of the United States, then yes he was.

If by "Affirmative Action" you mean he was picked amongst Democratic leaders over a "more qualified" Hillary Clinton, then yes he was.

Outside of that; to the seemingly unqualified for life darkies out here, you are just stirring the poop soup that will be the bane of your existence until the next election, and/or you get off the cross, build a bridge, and get over it.

Have a nice day.
Obama himself credits affimative action for levels of his success.
Originally Posted by Boston Globe
Obama began, "Well, I think that the basic principle that should guide discussions not just of affirmative action, but how we are admitting young people to college generally, is how do we make sure that we're providing ladders of opportunity for people? How do we make sure that every child in America has a decent shot in pursuing their dreams?"

Acknowledging that "race is still a factor in society," Obama nonetheless suggested that his own daughters, who've had "a pretty good deal," might not be deserving of special treatment.

But he added: "I still believe in affirmative action as a means of overcoming both historic and potentially current discrimination, but I think that it can't be a quota system and it can't be something that is simply applied without looking at the whole person, whether that person is black, or white, or Hispanic, male or female. What we want to do is make sure that people who've been locked out of opportunity are going to be able to walk through those doors of opportunity in the future."
Originally Posted by Huffington Post
"Crude quotas" are unnecessary and constitutionally impermissible, he said. But, "I do think that there are still circumstances in which on a college admissions or on a hiring decision, taking into account issues of past discrimination or taking into account issues of diversity of a workforce or a student body can still be appropriate," the president said.
Obama want to remove the race card and Socialize it even further by changing the criteria. It's called Income Based Affirmative Action.

Originally Posted by irrational x
Pardon me, but I'm pretty sure no one has ever built a bridge to get over a crucifix, seeing as one can simply walk around it.

Nice try.
QFT

"darkies"...lol
LOL @ Paul Lolling @ "darkies"