Go Back  i-Club > Open Topic Forums > Teh Politics Forum
Obama got elected because of Affirmative Action... >

Obama got elected because of Affirmative Action...

Notices
Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Obama got elected because of Affirmative Action...

Old 07-13-2009, 11:59 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: No Way
Posts: 6,826
Car Info: Nadda
Obama got elected because of Affirmative Action...

I'm saying with with 100% seriousness.

Imagine if Obama was a white male. Now put him up against all the other white males. He didnt have any credentials against any of them, only a couple of years of senator experience.

He only got hired because of the color of his skin (affirmative action still in effect). Like we owe them something?

I thought we were supposed to judge people with the content of their character? Obama only has a fraction of the experience compared to the rest of the guys.
iLoqin is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 AM
  #2  
Registered User
 
Superglue WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I was up above it, now I'm down in it
Posts: 5,686
Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
What's it like living in 2008 as a bitter conservative?

OMGZ every other president was elected because they were white WTFBBQ!!!!!
Superglue WRX is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
  #3  
VIP Member
iTrader: (18)
 
ipozestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Subabrew Crew
Posts: 7,570
Car Info: Broken Subarus
I don't believe he got elected because of affirmative action. I do believe he was given more opportunity because of it. Highschool, college, Senator. His rise in politics was no accident. Affirmative action is good for no one.
ipozestu is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
  #4  
iClub Silver Vendor
iTrader: (25)
 
FW Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Participating in some Anarchy!
Posts: 15,494
Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX View Post
What's it like living in 2008 as a bitter conservative?

OMGZ every other president was elected because they were white WTFBBQ!!!!!
Pssssst....it's 2009.
FW Motorsports is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 AM
  #5  
plays well with others
iTrader: (1)
 
Irrational X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sac
Posts: 9,929
Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by iLoqin View Post
Imagine if Obama was a white male. Now put him up against all the other white males. He didnt have any credentials against any of them, only a couple of years of senator experience.
i disagree. kennedy got elected with similar credentials. if anything, his public speaking skills (see: lies) got him elected.

skin color didnt hurt, but i think he would have beat old man mccain either way.
Irrational X is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 AM
  #6  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
JArnaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,090
Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Pssssst....it's 2009.
Haha, burn...

And for his voters, the color of his skin represented something different. People then related that to a difference in policy, even though all we have seen is spending and more of the same.
JArnaud is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
  #7  
plays well with others
iTrader: (1)
 
Irrational X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sac
Posts: 9,929
Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by JArnaud View Post
And for his voters, the color of his skin represented something different. People then related that to a difference in policy, even though all we have seen is spending and more of the same.
lets not forget: Black and Hispanic voters turned out in record numbers to support Obama... which is why Prop 8 was also defeated.

strait white male / gay male = teh new black.
Irrational X is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 AM
  #8  
Registered User
 
Superglue WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I was up above it, now I'm down in it
Posts: 5,686
Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Pssssst....it's 2009.
Oh, the election was this year?

Originally Posted by JArnaud View Post
Haha, burn...
Haha, wooooosh!
Superglue WRX is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM
  #9  
iClub Silver Vendor
iTrader: (25)
 
FW Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Participating in some Anarchy!
Posts: 15,494
Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX View Post
Oh, the election was this year?



Haha, wooooosh!
Sorry....my reading comp is at an all time low this morning.
FW Motorsports is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
  #10  
Registered User
 
saqwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,808
Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by iLoqin View Post
I'm saying with with 100% seriousness.

Imagine if Obama was a white male. Now put him up against all the other white males. He didnt have any credentials against any of them, only a couple of years of senator experience.

He only got hired because of the color of his skin (affirmative action still in effect). Like we owe them something?

I thought we were supposed to judge people with the content of their character? Obama only has a fraction of the experience compared to the rest of the guys.
I think you have a misunderstanding of what affirmative action is. An example of affirmative action as applied to an election would be that a black vote would count as the equivalent of ten white votes, or that a vote for a black candidate would count as the equivalent of twenty votes for a white candidate. The electoral college does not work that way, and neither does affirmative action.

However, he did get elected because of his pandering, platform, and undoubtedly the color of his skin -- just like all presidents.

Last edited by saqwarrior; 07-14-2009 at 02:51 PM.
saqwarrior is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
  #11  
iClub Silver Vendor
iTrader: (25)
 
FW Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Participating in some Anarchy!
Posts: 15,494
Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Here's an example of Affirmative Action:

My grand father was a civil engineer, pursuing his doctorate in CE.
He was passed over for a huge promotion because he was white, and the other fellow was Mexican...and lesser qualified.

In fact, a few years afterwards, turns out the other guy had falsified several documents to get the job.
FW Motorsports is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM
  #12  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
R-Dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Altos, CA
Posts: 2,585
Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Any type of decision based SOLELY upon race is racist IMHO.

If you are qualified - you are qualified. 'Nuff said, no discussion.

As long as race is being taken into the qualification process - why not religion, sexual orientation, left or right handedness, hair color and height?
R-Dub is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:22 PM
  #13  
iClub Silver Vendor
iTrader: (25)
 
FW Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Participating in some Anarchy!
Posts: 15,494
Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I like goats.
FW Motorsports is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:28 PM
  #14  
VIP Member
iTrader: (17)
 
VRT MBasile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 22,776
Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by ipozestu View Post
I don't believe he got elected because of affirmative action. I do believe he was given more opportunity because of it. Highschool, college, Senator. His rise in politics was no accident. Affirmative action is good for no one.
Try giving a speech on why affirmative action is horrible in an "African Americans in History" class when you're one of only two white guys in the class
VRT MBasile is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:14 PM
  #15  
Registered User
 
Superglue WRX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I was up above it, now I'm down in it
Posts: 5,686
Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Here's an example of Affirmative Action:

My grand father was a civil engineer, pursuing his doctorate in CE.
He was passed over for a huge promotion because he was white, and the other fellow was Mexican...and lesser qualified.

In fact, a few years afterwards, turns out the other guy had falsified several documents to get the job.
At least he put in the effort of forgery and lying.
Superglue WRX is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Obama got elected because of Affirmative Action...


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands