Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Letterman Stood Up by McCain

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Letterman Stood Up by McCain

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E ...from Wed nite's show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59S8CMXXvWI ...from last nite's show.

Dave seems pretty bitter about Sen. McCain backing out of his appearance on The Late Show. I agree that it's pretty lame that McCain pulled the ol' "something suddenly came up" deal. He & his folks should have been truthful from the get-go. Yeah, Dave woulda still been butt-hurt that McCain decided to do more serious appearances, but he would have at least come across as less shady than with straight up lying.

I can only speculate what the McCain camp was thinking. Maybe they thought a fun & comedic appearance would be poor judgment in light of the nation's serious economic situation. And maybe they feared that the people would think, "How serious could he possibly be in his push to have solidarity among the two parties in the efforts toward recovery if he's cracking jokes with Dave?" I dunno. seems like they thought it was a double-edged sword kinda situation here. Damned if you do; damned if you don't. Just a shame they weren't upfront with Letterman & company.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
The country is going to **** at the moment which overshawdows the presidential pissing contest going on. Although this probably did hurt his campaign since he ditched his interview/campaign but has been relatively unhelpful this week in Washington as well.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Like I give a **** what Letterman the entertainer thinks. He's old, nowhere near funny, and needs to retire so some fresh talent can continue to entertain us. I AM NOT ENTERTAINED!