Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

MCCain is the GOP H4x0rz!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
MCCain is the GOP H4x0rz!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...cain.marriage/

You tell em!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 01:37 PM

You know our system is ****ed up when McCain and Powell are nowhere even close to being viable presidential candidiates.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:43 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Like I've been saying, the GOP has been overrun by corporate ***** zealots.

The sad thing is that the few left with an ounce of integrity aren't calling the rest of them out on it or declaring themselves as independants, McCain deserves props- even from me, for standing up here.

The originators of the republican party must be spinning in their graves.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
Originally Posted by psoper
The originators of the republican party must be spinning in their graves.
My thoughts exactally. What is the republican party today is soo much diffrent that what it was founded on.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:49 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
McCain is the man. I'm typically liberal with my vote but I'd elect him in a heartbeat. One of the few in power who truly cares about his job and its effect on America.

I am pissed off about the Republicans always looking for new Constitutional amendments every congresional cycle- balanced budget, abortion, same-sex marriage.. next one will probably be obscenity. Even though I'm on the liberal side of all those issues, I don't care that the conservatives are against those things. They're entitled to their views, and we count votes to see who gets their way. But NONE of those things are Constitutional matters. They are matters of law to be determined by the "several states." I know, Roe v. Wade isn't state level law, but it's not part of the Constitution either and that's the important part.

Hey, Congressional conservatives- cop a clue. If you don't have enough votes in the House and Senate to make a law, it DOESN'T get made a law! That's how it freakin works around here!

Last edited by Kevin M; 07-14-2004 at 07:54 PM. Reason: elabortion
Old 07-15-2004, 08:37 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
McCain is the man. I'm typically liberal with my vote but I'd elect him in a heartbeat. One of the few in power who truly cares about his job and its effect on America.

I am pissed off about the Republicans always looking for new Constitutional amendments every congresional cycle- balanced budget, abortion, same-sex marriage.. next one will probably be obscenity. Even though I'm on the liberal side of all those issues, I don't care that the conservatives are against those things. They're entitled to their views, and we count votes to see who gets their way. But NONE of those things are Constitutional matters. They are matters of law to be determined by the "several states." I know, Roe v. Wade isn't state level law, but it's not part of the Constitution either and that's the important part.

Hey, Congressional conservatives- cop a clue. If you don't have enough votes in the House and Senate to make a law, it DOESN'T get made a law! That's how it freakin works around here!
hmm

so say I am totally against something, but my constituents are complete for it, and they are the ones that got me elected, and possible re-elected. If there is not enough votes for it to even come close to passing, I am going to hoot and hollar about it and how much we need this to pass !

it has nothing to with them knowing it wont pass, its the politicians giving lip service so they can tell people in the future they tried their best, even though they don't give a rats *** about it
Old 07-15-2004, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Iowasuby
Both parties are overrun by corporate ***** zealots. They only differ on social issues.
But McCain has always been a stand-up guy in my opinion. He's a true war hero and a well-rounded American. If you've ever payed attention to his interviews and articles (based on him) you'd realize he's not in office to hold hands or follow suit like other politicians in a political jello mold.

Basically, he thinks outside the box and keeps it fair.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:18 AM

There are a few on the other side of the aisle too, Robert Byrd comes to mind, not that his early history is much to be proud of, at least he's come around to standing on principles the last couple of years.

And I like having Barbara Lee representing us Berkeley folks back in DC, despite her being a democrat, I think she still has some integrity, even if I don't always support her positions-most of the time I do.

Last edited by psoper; 07-15-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:10 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
at the core I am a Republican. Less govt is better. But these days the distinctions are few and far between.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:31 AM

If you think you are a republican, but aren't excited about this administrations direction, you are probably more of a Libertarian than you know.....especially about the "less government is better" bit.

Republican administrations and congresses have grown the government every bit as much, if not a lot more than their democrat counterparts- both major parties are really bad that way.

Last edited by psoper; 07-15-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I wanted McCain back in '00, but he backed out and supported W.

I truly like him, it's unfortunate that he's not our President now.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
McCain condemns anti-Kerry ads, calls on White House to follow suit. Calls current anti-Kerry campaign ads questioning military service as "dishonest and dishonorable".

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 08-06-2004, 07:46 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
McCain condemns anti-Kerry ads, calls on White House to follow suit. Calls current anti-Kerry campaign ads questioning military service as "dishonest and dishonorable".

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Good find, Alan.

As much as i like McCain and don't agree with him on this one. This is a dirty election and he had to expect some pretty low blows from Bush and Kerry. Time will soon make everything go away come November.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Seems the Whitehouse has follwed suit and already distanced themselves from the ads.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...s_040805184948

Quick Reply: MCCain is the GOP H4x0rz!