Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

House Approves Flag-Burning Amendment

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 04:15 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
The Founding Fathers will rise from the dead and lead another revolution against the unjust government that bars free and unfettered speech criticizing said government. Banning flag burning is probably the single most unconstitutional thing the House has tried to do in at least.. I dunno, a week? Maybe they're worried that the Supreme Court is stealing their thunder.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:17 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
I say that 5 people go in a public place in other countries and burt the state flag.... let's see what kind of response they get. I'd suggest North Korea and Indonesia for starters, and I'd like to see Nadler light the latter one.
Since North Korea and Indonesia have such great systems of government, why don't you just pack up and move there?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:26 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Last night I witnessed for the first time something that made my physically sick enough to vomit. I have heard people say "that makes me sick" but until I saw this I never thought it was possible.

On C-SPAN they had a thing where Congress members read off names of those who died in a Iraq. They called it a "tribute" but it was more of a disgrace to those who died than anything else. First off the Senate building was totally empty with the exception of those reading. Secondly, as they read the names they struggled with so many of them as if they were illiterate and never took the time to read them over out of respect for them or their families that may be watching. Lastly, it was so damn impersonal and monatone listening to these half-commited figureheads stand up there and read these names off without the least bit of emotion. It was evident that they don't take the sacrifice of those they represent to heart. I think it's about time America get some elected officials that did it for the people and not for their own well-being. It made me sick. I was going to sit there and wait to hear the names of friends that I had known (it was read off cronologically) but I couldn't bear it. I didn't want to turn the channel simply because I felt as though I should listen but I had to. I was disgusted.