Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Second Amendment - Where do you stand?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Question Second Amendment - Where do you stand?

C'mon people, where are you on this issue?

I support:

>Ownership of all semi-automatic, high-capacity centerfire rifles, pistols, shotguns, with or without removable or folding stocks, etc.

>Ownership of .50cal BMG rifles and the like.

>High capacity magazines for all pistols.

>My version of responsible gun control: Anyone purchasing a rifle or pistol should have to prove that they have already taken, or must sign-up to take a basic firearms use and safety course, that involves a written test in addition to hands-on instruction.

>Violent Felons cannot own firearms

>Concealed carry is legal and a truly attainable privilege available to the masses in all 50 states (Federalize it!)

and more to come!
Old 07-18-2004, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I support the average American's right to own firearms, but I don't attribute that to the Second Amendment. I just think it's a privelege that each of us deserves the chance to have until we screw it up for ourselves. Kind of like driving.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by dahveed
C'mon people, where are you on this issue?

I support:

>Ownership of all semi-automatic, high-capacity centerfire rifles, pistols, shotguns, with or without removable or folding stocks, etc.

>Ownership of .50cal BMG rifles and the like.

>High capacity magazines for all pistols.

>My version of responsible gun control: Anyone purchasing a rifle or pistol should have to prove that they have already taken, or must sign-up to take a basic firearms use and safety course, that involves a written test in addition to hands-on instruction.

>Violent Felons cannot own firearms

>Concealed carry is legal and a truly attainable privilege available to the masses in all 50 states (Federalize it!)

and more to come!
^^^^^^
I agree with you on all points, especially the hands on training I see to many people come into the gun shop and do the stupidest things when the workers hand them the guns.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Enforce all existing laws and leave gun owners alone.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

so you're in favor of existing Federal and State bans on so-called "Assault Weapons"?

how do you feel about concealed carry laws?

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Enforce all existing laws and leave gun owners alone.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

I'm a real nut on that issue though.

I really feel that pistol owners should have to take tactical training classes...

Originally Posted by pbchief2
^^^^^^
I agree with you on all points, especially the hands on training I see to many people come into the gun shop and do the stupidest things when the workers hand them the guns.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Front sight graduate here. Along with other classes.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:14 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
I agree totally with dahveed. Plus, if everyone had a gun, there would be a whole lot less shootings in America. And, in the words of GTA3, "Countries that don't have guns aren't America." What do we want to become, England?
Old 07-18-2004, 11:44 PM

I don't believe it's any of the government's business what kind of weapons we own or carry, unless we harm somebody with those weapons.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
conceal carry should be ok so long as you take a long trainging course (ie movement, draws, etc etc). Lets face it i dont want a granny pulling out a DE in the super market cause some dude tryed to get lippy with her and she end up blowing the head off my baby cause she drawed wit her finger on the trigger.

TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING, we need more of it, like along hte lines of what LEOs take and do. Yes that is right, i want every gun owner to be on that par of training when waving 16 whistles of death around.

If we could train to that level i would be cool with any sort of weapons under the sun (no nade luanchers, and nothing about a 10m (.50 longs are cool) auto. (IE no 20mm AA guns)

basicly no serious military equipment, no anti tank recoiless rifles etc etc, there would have to be a limit set somewhere.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:30 AM

Car Info: 04' wrx
I agree with all of the original post. I have carried a gun since 21 and i will continue to carry. I have had guns in my life since i was little and i know how to handle them. I still went through formal training courses just for my knowlegde. I have never understood why there is no test or training required when it comes to weapons. It would weed out the not so serious when it comes to carrying firearms.