Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Have you ever been offended?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
One who likes other lagers, got 3/4 the way through a Bud I put in a glass before I told him - and he poured the rest out.
That is alcohol abuse and a party foul.

He is now the official '*******' and must wear the hat.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Coming from Paul, I am flattered.

But I was once one of those poor, misguided in'DUH'viduals who thought that Budweiser, Coors, Keystone, Milwaukee's, and Natural were for people who didn't know what good beer was.

Then my Blue Moons started hitting $20 for a 12 pack and I noticed my dollar not going as far as it used to.

Suddenly I knew...I had to resort to buying the dreaded domestic ale. My first 30 pack of Bud Light was $12.99. The first can was drained and I felt...dirty...almost...violated by the lack of punch I was accustomed to.

Then came the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th can...and suddenly I realized; 'Holy ****. I'm kinda buzzed and I don't feel full and I've only drank a little over $2 in beer!'

I was hooked - now my taste buds welcome the smooth, refreshing domestic beer into my belly until it swirls my head with pure wobbly goodness!

And of course, the test to see if my body would appreciate the 'finer' beers after 2 weeks with my Buddy, Weiser; and the fact is that my imported wheaty refreshments tasted better than the first time I had ever had them.

So let this be a lesson to you kids - don't knock your cheap domestic beers, they serve a purpose in life - much like the migrant workers in our fields and at our Drive Thru windows (which, usually you will be at after a night of drinking, funny how everything is connected in this world) - they are cheap, plentiful and they get their job done.
We basically only use coors light when we play beer pong.. escecially when the 30 pack on are sale for $17.99...

poor college kids know how to get the job done
Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
That's cool that you brew beer...I used to, when time was plentiful.
When I got out of the army, I worked for a place that made brewery setups for micro breweries.
I helped make the tanks for Alameda Tide House, Marin Brewing Company, and a few others.
A friend back in high school started & owns Bear Flag Republic Brewing Company.

There were a lot of black folks in my Army unit that came from the projects of Chicago, Philly, etc, that had a lot of disdain for me & other whites.
One night, whilst I was watching tv, drinking some beer, a few of 'em just walked into my room and started making comments like "******, cracka," and one I can't remember.

I just sat there, staring at them, and then I giggled.

As I took another swig off my 40oz of Old E, I told 'em, "I have no idea what you just said."

We remained friends for rest of our time in the military.
Yep - been doing this for a few months, dreaming about it for years. I am only doing extract brews for now but the goal is to eventually use raw materials. Planting my first hops tomorrow though (rhizomes, sorta cheating).

We make most of the food we eat. So funny how people can look around our house, in our fridge, and say "there's nothing to eat" and then go nuts about some of the stuff we make with this "nothingness" known as raw materials.

Cool stuff with the breweries and such - looks like it would be pretty groovy to set some of that stuff up. So.. Is "Bear Flag Republic" "Bear Republic" aka the maker of the sweet nectar known as Racer5??? If so I never put that together and knew it was a tribute to the Bear Flag Republic of yore. DOH if so.

Racism in Hawaii is pretty odd. A lot of people get all up in arms about it, and there are the off times when you get some random angst, but for the most part it's like you said above - just testing. If you stand up and are all "WHAT??" then yeah - there's gonna be a fight. If you laugh it off, most of the time you will make friends.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 AM

I used to drink Bud Light exclusively in college, so I have no problem drinking the stuff, although it's a little light on flavor. I think light domestic beer is great when you're in the mood to drink a bunch. You can't exactly sit there and drink 6+ Sam Adams back to back without getting super full, whereas drinking 6+ Coors Lights is no problem. The light stuff is also great for chugging/shotgunning/etc. My personal favorite cheap beer is Pabst Blue Ribbon - maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to have the most flavor for cheap beer.
________
HAIR PROBLEMS ADVICE

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:38 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea I hate chugging, I like the effective beer better.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Yea I hate chugging, I like the effective beer better.
To be honest, I only like it because I'm good at it, and with light domestic beer, I don't feel like I'm cheating myself out of any "flavor" whereas with good beer, I'd like to drink it slowly to savor the taste.
________
Sardinian cooking

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Being offended is for ***gots.