i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   Have you ever been offended? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/have-you-ever-been-offended-206938/)

FW Motorsports 07-13-2009 01:05 PM

Have you ever been offended?

I can readily admit to being offensive, but I can not ever remember being offended.
This would explain why I laugh at people who claim to have been "offended"; racial slurs, birth defects, poor lineage,etc.

What offends you?

stupidchicken03 07-13-2009 01:07 PM

People named Paul seem to really bug me

:p

wingless06 07-13-2009 01:21 PM

This isn't really the best example but I was pretty pissed that someone assumed I was ignorant.
Back in high school, maybe freshman year. I was on the bus heading home when two hispanic guys were sitting infront of me. They started talking **** in spanish about me. I forget what they said or why but I noticed that one kept looking at me so when I took my head phones I started listening while just staring out the window. My stop was coming up so I leaned over and asked if they wanted to get off the bus with me and talk. They laughed and asked why. So I just called them out and told them if they were going to talk **** they should at least be willing to back it up. They looked at each other in surprise and said sorry and then went quite.
The best part is that I probably would got my ass handed to me. I was out numbered and I am not big guy. I did have facial hair so maybe I looked older than I was, haha.

This also happened to me at a coffee shop. I taken my slip ons off at the table and someone thought I had been walking around with no shoes. Some guy (again in spanish) told his friends to look and made some comment about how if I was to poor to buy shoes I should have a laptop of be buying coffee. I laughed and said that he shouldn't judge people he doesn't know because he doesn't know who speaks spanish and his clothes don't look all that nice either. His friends laughed at him pretty hard and he kept saying sorry.

Other than that, Noah from LIC. His face offends me and his farts are a personal attack on the human race.

VRT MBasile 07-13-2009 01:26 PM

People are typically offended by the demeaning of their struggles, or the generalizations of something that makes them different. Perhaps you've just been lucky enough to not have to struggle and you've always been part of the power group given your a white guy?

saqwarrior 07-13-2009 01:39 PM

I only get offended by people whose opinion matters to me.

wingless06 07-13-2009 01:41 PM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2663854]People are typically offended by the demeaning of their struggles, or the generalizations of something that makes them different. Perhaps you've just been lucky enough to not have to struggle and you've always been part of the power group given your a white guy?[/QUOTE]

100% hispanic. Both my mother and father are from central america.

Ignorance offends me; although I'm someone who proves he knows less than I think, haha.

Also people who have it all handed to them. I wish I could be that lucky.

R-Dub 07-13-2009 01:52 PM

I don't get offended easily; I get pissed at ignorance in general however.

Example - when people ignorantly adhere to opinions that have been proven false or judgments that are completely rooted in bigotry.

As far as I go - call me a ******, call me a ginger, don't care. Judging me based on outside appearances just shows how moronic you are.

FW Motorsports 07-13-2009 01:54 PM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2663854]People are typically offended by the demeaning of their struggles, or the generalizations of something that makes them different. Perhaps you've just been lucky enough to not have to struggle and you've always been part of the power group given your a white guy?[/QUOTE]:drama:

This is laughable.

AlanarchySTI 07-13-2009 02:00 PM

On the most rarest of occasions. Mostly never, yet, I suppose.

Superglue WRX 07-13-2009 08:20 PM

Getting offended is for pussies with no self esteem.

Sorry if this post offends any of the pussies with no self esteem.

AntiochCali 07-13-2009 08:42 PM

I can think of one...

Back long ago, my job required extensive driving, and my co-worker was black, I'm white, and we went into a restaurant somewhere in W. Florida or S. Alabama...we sat around for a long time and finally the waitress walked by me and covering the side of her mouth, whispered to me while pointing at my partner, "he's black".

I won't finish the story, but I was .... outraged and I felt terrible for my partner.

Wow, that opened the floodgates of memory, in the UK young English women generally like American men, for a number of reasons, and if they'll dance with you on the floor a bit, it usually means they'll do other things with you too. I had found a buxom young lass that would dance with me...and I spent quite a bit to keep her in food and drink...and as the night wound down, I asked her what she was doing and she looked up at me, smiled and said, "Sorry mate, wrong color"....gaaaa, I had spent like $200 on drinks and french orderves and stuff for her to turn me down hard...that was pretty offensive.

I guess obnoxious drunks are offensive to me too as are hard drug users...they are just not pleasant to be around. I would censure them from society and I would probably kill all extremists, as they are too inflexible.

ob·nox·ious

Pronunciation:
\äb-ˈnäk-shəs, əb-\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin obnoxius, from ob in the way of, exposed to + noxa harm — more at noxious
Date:

1. archaic : exposed to something unpleasant or harmful
2. archaic : deserving of censure
3. odiously or disgustingly objectionable : highly offensive

1JavaBlk_in_Sac 07-13-2009 09:10 PM

Ok, what really offends me is when people say "...you are not white....". Are you serious?? Do I look Asian or African-American????
I'm from Poland, Europe,
If you don't know that European people are white - don't sleep on geography classes.

iLoqin 07-13-2009 09:48 PM

There are offensive things everywhere if you want to think of them as offensive. Could be 100 workers who are asian and the manager is white, could be getting hassled by a cop cuz of your car, could be black people who think asian people are weak and pick on them. I could go on and on.

Superglue WRX 07-13-2009 10:31 PM

[QUOTE=iLoqin;2664101]..... could be black people who think asian people are weak and pick on them. I could go on and on.[/QUOTE]

No way! They all know karate. :punchy:

toofast4u2 07-13-2009 10:59 PM

I was at pw market by my house just wastin time until i got my haircut. I was in the beer aisle lookin at beer prices and this lady sadi can i help you and i was like no it's ok but why is ur 32oz of miller high life higher than ur tall can of bud light (24oz). she says it depends on how we get charged for our items. i said well i would rather buy the 32 miller high life because it's cheaper and i get more beer. she also said people who buy this beer remind her of people who drink out of a brown paper bag on a street corner. I was wearing a miller shirt when she said this to me! I was like well i like miller pullin my shirt toward her so she could see and she just shrugged like whatever. that's ****ed up! i felt like pickin up a beer in a brown bag and drinkin it outside the store.