Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Have you ever been offended?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:56 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Bud light is OP'ed and such the "American" beer. I won't ever drink it just because it gives me a big headache. I prefer Corona's =P.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 AM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Originally Posted by toofast4u2
I was at pw market by my house just wastin time until i got my haircut. I was in the beer aisle lookin at beer prices and this lady sadi can i help you and i was like no it's ok but why is ur 32oz of miller high life higher than ur tall can of bud light (24oz). she says it depends on how we get charged for our items. i said well i would rather buy the 32 miller high life because it's cheaper and i get more beer. she also said people who buy this beer remind her of people who drink out of a brown paper bag on a street corner. I was wearing a miller shirt when she said this to me! I was like well i like miller pullin my shirt toward her so she could see and she just shrugged like whatever. that's ****ed up! i felt like pickin up a beer in a brown bag and drinkin it outside the store.
Where was it??? at Raley's????
Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I can readily admit to being offensive, but I can not ever remember being offended.
This would explain why I laugh at people who claim to have been "offended"; racial slurs, birth defects, poor lineage,etc.

What offends you?
the only thing that really offends me is the hypocrisy of "tolerance".

the PC crowd who is intolerant of others intolerance.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 AM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Bud light is OP'ed and such the "American" beer. I won't ever drink it just because it gives me a big headache. I prefer Corona's =P.
Bud Light has no flavor, don't know how people drink that
Old 07-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I get offended when someone doesn't offer me a beer when i visit.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Getting offended is for pussies with no self esteem.

Sorry if this post offends any of the pussies with no self esteem.
bhahaha
Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by 1JavaBlk_in_Sac
Bud Light has no flavor, don't know how people drink that
Tastes fine to me...plus it's cheap and it gets the job done.

Keystone Ice is another cheap, decent tasting beer that after the first 4 - you can't taste the difference anymore.

Plus, the more you drink cheap, decent beer - when you finally do spring for that expensive import - it tastes THAT much better.

Recession, people.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:40 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Tastes fine to me...plus it's cheap and it gets the job done.

Keystone Ice is another cheap, decent tasting beer that after the first 4 - you can't taste the difference anymore.

Plus, the more you drink cheap, decent beer - when you finally do spring for that expensive import - it tastes THAT much better.

Recession, people.
Best.
Advice.
Ever.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Best.
Advice.
Ever.

Coming from Paul, I am flattered.

But I was once one of those poor, misguided in'DUH'viduals who thought that Budweiser, Coors, Keystone, Milwaukee's, and Natural were for people who didn't know what good beer was.

Then my Blue Moons started hitting $20 for a 12 pack and I noticed my dollar not going as far as it used to.

Suddenly I knew...I had to resort to buying the dreaded domestic ale. My first 30 pack of Bud Light was $12.99. The first can was drained and I felt...dirty...almost...violated by the lack of punch I was accustomed to.

Then came the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th can...and suddenly I realized; 'Holy ****. I'm kinda buzzed and I don't feel full and I've only drank a little over $2 in beer!'

I was hooked - now my taste buds welcome the smooth, refreshing domestic beer into my belly until it swirls my head with pure wobbly goodness!

And of course, the test to see if my body would appreciate the 'finer' beers after 2 weeks with my Buddy, Weiser; and the fact is that my imported wheaty refreshments tasted better than the first time I had ever had them.

So let this be a lesson to you kids - don't knock your cheap domestic beers, they serve a purpose in life - much like the migrant workers in our fields and at our Drive Thru windows (which, usually you will be at after a night of drinking, funny how everything is connected in this world) - they are cheap, plentiful and they get their job done.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Ah yes Roy...your turn to the dark side is almost complete...first stop Bud, next Miller Search your feelings you know it to be true!!! *robot devil laugh*

Bud Light is actually really good. I reccomend it.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:20 PM

OK - there IS a line that can be crossed. I DELIBRITELY left out Miller of my list for 1 reason and 1 reason only - Miller High Life.

You will notice my wording was very specific - "Cheap and DECENT tasting beer" MHL tastes like day old **** water left out in the sun.

Miller Lite, however, ain't that bad - but no where near enough to make up for the sully onslaught on ones mouth from MHL.

I will NEVER join you!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
Originally Posted by R-Dub
OK - there IS a line that can be crossed. I DELIBRITELY left out Miller of my list for 1 reason and 1 reason only - Miller High Life.

You will notice my wording was very specific - "Cheap and DECENT tasting beer" MHL tastes like day old **** water left out in the sun.

Miller Lite, however, ain't that bad - but no where near enough to make up for the sully onslaught on ones mouth from MHL.

I will NEVER join you!
I'm Paul Conrad, and I approve this message, except the part about Miller Light, that **** is nasty

Last edited by PaulSTI; 07-14-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by PaulSTI
I'm Paul Conrad, and I approve this message, except the part about Miller Light, that **** is nasty

You have to say Miller Lite though, they went to court to get the right to Copyright it =P
Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Hmmm I had to think about this for a long time and even going through high school in Hawaii as a white kid and getting told I was gonna get my *** kicked every day, getting my cars and motos screwed with, etc, I cannot remember being offended. There are things that irritate me, stuff that raises an eyebrow but I cannot remember being offended. People have made comments about my mother (may she RIP) and it just sort of goes in one ear and out the other - I guess I would have to have respect for the person doing the offending for it to have an effect on me.

LOL@ the cheap beer debate. I have to admit, I was one of those people who would never have a Bud but now my fridge is full of it. 36pk @ Costco for something like $20. I have a couple "nicer beers" and then switch to the cheap stuff. Nicer beers last longer and after a few who cares anyway! It's great not being full after.

As I type this I am brewing a blonde ale of sorts. Heh. I also have over 100 bottles of my own beers conditioning at the moment. I didn't start drinking cheap beer till I made my own - which is odd - but it all started on a camping trip when my wife and I were trying to find something we could take easier in cans. We did a "cheap beer-off" with labeled glasses and such and... Discovered that it really wasn't bad and after a few we were feeling buzzed. She likes Coors Light, and I usually drink Bud or the "Simpler Times" lager from Trader Joes which is $2.99 for a 6pk.

What REALLY cracks me up the most though is my snooty friends who give me crap for having this stuff in my fridge and "won't touch that crap" but honestly, IMHO, have pretty bad taste in beer. One who likes other lagers, got 3/4 the way through a Bud I put in a glass before I told him - and he poured the rest out. Wonder if he was offended... HAHAHAHAHA....
Old 07-14-2009, 02:52 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
That's cool that you brew beer...I used to, when time was plentiful.
When I got out of the army, I worked for a place that made brewery setups for micro breweries.
I helped make the tanks for Alameda Tide House, Marin Brewing Company, and a few others.
A friend back in high school started & owns Bear Flag Republic Brewing Company.

There were a lot of black folks in my Army unit that came from the projects of Chicago, Philly, etc, that had a lot of disdain for me & other whites.
One night, whilst I was watching tv, drinking some beer, a few of 'em just walked into my room and started making comments like "******, cracka," and one I can't remember.

I just sat there, staring at them, and then I giggled.

As I took another swig off my 40oz of Old E, I told 'em, "I have no idea what you just said."

We remained friends for rest of our time in the military.

Quick Reply: Have you ever been offended?