Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

As hard line as I've ever heard the Bobbies act

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
As hard line as I've ever heard the Bobbies act

LONDON - Hours after chasing down and shooting to death one man on the subway, British police on Friday released photographs of four others suspected of launching Thursday's wave of terrorist attacks on London's transport system. Officials said the attacks bore similarities to the fatal bombings on July 7.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8655541/

The police photographs, taken from closed-circuit TV cameras, showed one man wearing a dark shirt with "New York" across the front running through a subway station. Another was shown on the top of a double-decker bus, while the other two men were shown at separate subway stations.
WTF?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Pr0n King

Car Info: Turncoat Turbo
"The modus operandi, the sheer cowardice associated with them and the attacks on innocent civilians — these are all part and parcel of al-Qaida," he told BBC radio.
I like the way this guy thinks.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
LONDON - Plainclothes police chased a man in a thick coat through a subway station, wrestled him to the floor of a train car and shot him to death in front of stunned commuters Friday. Police said the shooting was "directly linked" to the investigations of the bomb attacks on London's transit system.
Just a question, why did they chase him down, tackle him and shoot him? I could see if he was still running, but it says that he was already subdued. I mean it's friggin supid to run from the cops and wheather he was guilty or not he deserved to be roughed up a little, but shot after he had been incapacitated?
Old 07-22-2005, 11:17 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Seriously...and since when did British cops have guns? I thought noone was allowed to have them over there.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:25 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX
Seriously...and since when did British cops have guns? I thought noone was allowed to have them over there.

The average patrol Bobbie on the street ain't packing heat, but I believe the car Bobbies do.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
Just a question, why did they chase him down, tackle him and shoot him? I could see if he was still running, but it says that he was already subdued. I mean it's friggin supid to run from the cops and wheather he was guilty or not he deserved to be roughed up a little, but shot after he had been incapacitated?
I think cops should be allowed some type of LOA when pursuing scum like this. You hit the LOA and your chance to shoot is over. That's just me though
Old 07-22-2005, 12:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
I just answered my own question: they thought he had explosives on him, so I guess It's kill, or face the possibility of yourself and many others being killed. It's a ****ed up situation when you're possibly dealing with someone willing to blow themselves up just to take out a few "infadels".