Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Democrats still Probing Ohio Voting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Democrats still Probing Ohio Voting Problems

Whatever...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=536&ncid=536

WASHINGTON - The Democratic Party said Monday it will examine reports of voting problems in Ohio, where President Bush (news - web sites)'s victory clinched his re-election.

Outgoing Democratic National Committee (news - web sites) Chairman Terry McAuliffe said the party will spend "whatever it takes" to study complaints from Ohio voters that included uncounted votes, long lines, shortages of ballots, understaffed polling stations and voting machine errors.

McAuliffe said the party is not seeking to overturn the result but to ensure that every vote is counted. He said the study will be conducted by nonpartisan experts to be announced later, with a report issued in the spring that recommends reforms to prevent such problems in the future.

Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell was expected to certify Bush's winning margin of about 119,000 votes on Monday, a margin closer than election night totals but not close enough to trigger an automatic recount.
Anyone want to make a bet that if a Democrat wins in 2008 or beyond that the RNC won't take these types of measures? Anyone?

I'll give it to the Democrats thought... they did manage to make the vote swing towards Kerry a little. If they can only swing another 119,000 votes they'd be in business *sigh*.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
My only thought on this is that if there are these problems going on (not saying there are or aren't) Wouldn't it be in the best interests of democracy to find them out and resolve them? I'm all for finding the truth out whatever that may be.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
My only thought on this is that if there are these problems going on (not saying there are or aren't) Wouldn't it be in the best interests of democracy to find them out and resolve them? I'm all for finding the truth out whatever that may be.
Of course!

I just find it hard to believe that this is Terry McAuliffe primary motive. He's the
Democratic National Committee Chairman for God's sake. If his candidate had won by the same exact margin he wouldn't b pushing the investigation and I honest think you wouldn't be hearing anything about it from the other side.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
Of course!

I just find it hard to believe that this is Terry McAuliffe primary motive. He's the
Democratic National Committee Chairman for God's sake. If his candidate had won by the same exact margin he wouldn't b pushing the investigation and I honest think you wouldn't be hearing anything about it from the other side.
I see your point. You are right I doubt he would be complaining if his guy had won. Although I wouldn't put this stuff past any politician, republican or democrat.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:23 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
...If his candidate had won by the same exact margin he wouldn't be pushing the investigation and I honest think you wouldn't be hearing anything about it from the other side.
If shenanigans did really occur, it needs to be investigated.
The GOP, in a great PR move, should throw it's weight behind said investigations.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
the great thing is that it will be investigated to every REASONABLE extent, someone tried to get away with it in ukraine, why couldn't it happen here
Old 12-08-2004, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I agree... I see no harm in this. There have been some strange occurrunces going on in Ohio, and they need to be looked into in detail. This is, after all, an election for arguably the greatest political seat in the world.

As such, I want to see due diligence in discerning the matter at hand