Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Democrats Inflaming Racial Tensions Again

Old 10-13-2004, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Democrats Inflaming Racial Tensions Again

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6236774/

"A Washington Post analysis found nearly three times the number of flagged Democratic registrations as Republican." I'd say this is statistical proof that stupidiy and voting democrat go hand in hand.

But seriously, this is total BS. If the voting pool was poor, white republicans who were too stupid to fill out a form, do you think there would be any uproar? Talk about dumbing down the system to the lowest common denominator.

Why don't they just shut their pie holes and train these folks to fill out a fricken form rather than raising racial tensions? Because they are self-serving, short-term thinking ******.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 10-13-2004 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

How dare those democrats try to get equal rights for all Americans regardless of race, color, creed or sex! It makes me sick too HellaDumbAss!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by njc200
How dare those democrats try to get equal rights for all Americans regardless of race, color, creed or sex! It makes me sick too HellaDumbAss!
Hahah add another point to the link between stupidity and voting democrat!
Old 10-13-2004, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
If the voting pool was poor, white republicans who were too stupid to fill out a form, do you think there would be any uproar? Talk about dumbing down the system to the lowest common denominator.

Why don't they just shut their pie holes and train these folks to fill out a fricken form rather than raising racial tensions?
I hear a lot of near-racist remarks in this forum, but that is just blatant racism.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
"Four years ago, ballots cast from black neighborhoods throughout Florida were four times as likely to go uncounted as those from white neighborhoods. Nowhere was the disparity more apparent than in Duval County, where 42 percent of 27,000 ballots thrown out came from four heavily Democratic black precincts."

Black votes thrown out in a very Republican controlled state, and you are claiming Democrats trying to stop that are the ones inflaming racial tensions? Your not the sharpest too in the shed. Oh, wait, I take that back. We democrats are inflaming racial tensions since we are taking some undue power from the old white men in Florida and fairly handing some of it back to the african americans whos votes weren't counted.

-Chris
Old 10-13-2004, 10:59 AM

I hear a lot of near-racist remarks in this forum, but that is just blatant racism.
Which part?:

1) Florida's blacks can't vote properly (majority of improper ballots)
2) Improper votes are not counted
3) Democrats blame Republicans for disenfranchising black voters

#1 is a proven fact
#2 is a proven fact
#3 is a proven fact

Let me give you a hint. #3 is the only "accusation" of racism.

Are you going to blame me for inflaming racial tensions? EXACTLY MY POINT.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 10-13-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
This is a very interesting thread with HellaDumb on my ignore list. LOL
Old 10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
"Florida is one of seven states, including Virginia, that bar felons from voting if they fail to appeal. Studies show that the laws disproportionately disenfranchise black men."

Because for whatever the reason, most felons are Black men?

""They couldn't wait to send this to me," he said. "I voted every election — city council, schools, didn't matter. I'm undereducated, and I'm black, but now this, this is my third strike. I kept it as a reminder that they finally took my voice away." "

This is one of the "disenfranchised" voters...should he vote?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Oaf
This is one of the "disenfranchised" voters...should he vote?
The problem is that thousands of African-American Floridians are wrongly being put on ex-felon lists and so, yes, they should be able to vote.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:08 PM

Where to start...read the article and here is what I found most intresting about it. If your going to post a article atleast use one that supports your claims HellaDumb. First quote from the article.

"Nowhere was the disparity more apparent than in Duval County, where 42 percent of 27,000 ballots thrown out came from four heavily Democratic black precincts." Thats right that many where from blacks. Now you made the statement that just didn't know how to vote right. Did you read far enough in the article that stated this. "But these new, inexperienced voters were more likely than their white counterparts to live in areas with outdated, error-prone machinery that did not give voters a chance to correct problems." So they get the crappiest equipment last election, and they can't even correct mistakes that they made on it. And you are still wondering WHY they are outraged and are trying to correct what happened to them last time?

Then if you read further you would see what is happening again. "Orange County, which has approximately the same number of registered voters as Duval, has opted to open nine early voting locations. Duval will have one, even though Jacksonville is geographically the largest U.S. city, covering 840 square miles. It will be at Carlberg's office, miles from most of the majority black precincts." So again the ones that want to vote early have to drive furthest, at the city where 42% of their votes got thrown out last year. Still don't find this odd? Also Carlberg sent them a letter stating he couldn't train people fast enough to do it properly. "In a follow-up letter to the ministers, Carlberg said that additional sites cannot be added this close to the election. The office does not have time to train staff or install equipment, he said." But yet this "But in Volusia County, which has been sued in federal court over the same issue by the NAACP, spokeswoman Deanie Lowe said the election office is looking into adding three sites." You would think after a election where things went wrong in so many ways you would try to fix them as best as possible and not cause more dislike towards the government.

This article illustrates pretty well why blacks distrust Republicans. Simply put the election chief Dick Carlberg is a Republican. And he has done NOTHING but try to get them to not vote. **** the whole article is on how UNBALANCED the system is towards blacks. So the Democrats don't have to do anything they can just let the Republicans portray themselves for what they are. (Of course not all but in this case its pretty plain and simple.)
Old 10-13-2004, 01:17 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Yep...not a single democrat called a republican racist at all in that article, it's just clear by the facts that are given that these republicans are racist as f***. Helladumb, thanks for finding some good evidense that shows why republicans are sometimes branded with the racist label...sometimes it's true.

"1) Florida's blacks can't vote properly (majority of improper ballots)
2) Improper votes are not counted
3) Democrats blame Republicans for disenfranchising black voters

#1 is a proven fact
#2 is a proven fact
#3 is a proven fact

Let me give you a hint. #3 is the only "accusation" of racism."

Number 1 IS racist you little s***...yeah, it's a 'proven fact' that Florida's blacks can't vote properly...just like it's a 'proven fact' that if you say "GITERDUN" alot you're your own uncle.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Unregistered
This article illustrates pretty well why blacks distrust Republicans. Simply put the election chief Dick Carlberg is a Republican. And he has done NOTHING but try to get them to not vote.
So you are saying that the election chief is responsible for a higher proportion of mistakes by blacks versus other ethnicities on the same voting equipment? Nice try.

Where was the NAACP months back when something could have been done? This is simply a ploy by the democrats to call replublicans racist.

Last edited by HellaDumb; 10-13-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by MVWRX
Number 1 IS racist you little s***...yeah, it's a 'proven fact' that Florida's blacks can't vote properly...just like it's a 'proven fact' that if you say "GITERDUN" alot you're your own uncle.
Facts are facts. Are you arguing with the findings?

And about the "giterdun" comment, my Aunt would be my uncle if she had a *****.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:50 PM

Talking

The problem is that thousands of African-American Floridians are wrongly being put on ex-felon lists and so, yes, they should be able to vote.
You make me want to become a felon. =)
Old 10-13-2004, 01:54 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
..the majority of improperly filled out ballots were from black voters...not the majority of black voters voted improperly...big difference, and saying that "Florida's blacks vote improperly" is completely foolish. A statement like that CANNOT ever be proven true because of the huge numbers of people involved. So calling it a fact is just plain wrong...I'm not arguing against facts, I'm arguing against your opinion that, for some reason, you believe is factual. And I'm sorry about your aunt and uncle, it sounds like they have some major issues to work out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Democrats Inflaming Racial Tensions Again