Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Bush spending taxpayer dollars for minority support

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Bush spending taxpayer dollars for minority support

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ortopromotelaw

Okay, I don't hate successful minorities (as some of you may think ), but I do see Bush's appointments of blacks (and this latest move) as a somewhat insincere and easy way to gain support among minorities. And to pay someone (with OUR money) to promote an already controversial program? What is that? Am I in the twilight zone, or should he not be able to do this?

On a side note, the 'no child left behind act' is a joke.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 01-07-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ortopromotelaw
Okay, I don't hate successful minorities (as some of you may think ), but I do see Bush's appointments of blacks (and this latest move) as a somewhat insincere and easy way to gain support among minorities. And to pay someone (with OUR money) to promote an already controversial program? What is that? Am I in the twilight zone, or should he not be able to do this?
Are you in disagreement with the positive intent of the program, or are you simply pointing out the fact you don't like it when Bush uses tax dollars to help minorities?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Are you in disagreement with the positive intent of the program, or are you simply pointing out the fact you don't like it when Bush uses tax dollars to help minorities?
Your posts always entertain me.

First of all, you ask that question like it must be one or the other. Shhhyeah, I am appauled that this program aims to help people... we should be making it harder for everyone to get an education And... 'the fact that I don't like it when Bush uses tax dollars to help minorities'? when did I say that? If the program was actually helping minorities, then I wouldn't call it a joke.

Putting words in other people's mouths isn't the way to argue... When you quote me, please respond to what I said, rather what you did here (which I still haven't quite understood what your aim was)
Old 01-08-2005, 08:47 AM

Putting words in other people's mouths isn't the way to argue... When you quote me, please respond to what I said, rather what you did here (which I still haven't quite understood what your aim was)
I could put something else in your mouth =).

What I got from the article is that is that government shouldn't be using tax dollars to create "propaganda," whether it is good or bad.

Whether or not you agree with the way it was done, do you agree with the message? Since it sounds like you are blaming bush for it, I'd like to know if you think he is doing negative or positive things for minorities in this specific action.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:34 AM

If you like bj's from guys, then that's your thing... and I suggest you keep it to yourself.

As I implied before, I don't disagree with the intentions of the program. I don't think it's working... and Bush knows many people feel this way. Rather that spending our money trying to gain support for a program that isn't working, why not spend it to try to change or better implement it? I just think it' s a political ploy to gain support, and I don't think I should have to pay for it.

Oh, and if Bush can't take responsibility for the white house's actions, then we REALLY have a problem. I know he doesn't write his speeches or make any of the important decisions, but he is the figure at the top who is to take the blame. So, the buck stops....... there?

Last edited by scoobsport98; 01-08-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:30 PM

Oh, and if Bush can't take responsibility for the white house's actions, then we REALLY have a problem. I know he doesn't write his speeches or make any of the important decisions, but he is the figure at the top who is to take the blame. So, the buck stops....... there?
Agreed, as long as you'll agree that Kofi Anna is equally guilty for the rapes and other actions of U.N. troops.