Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Calls to disobey army orders are crime against Israeli society

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 04:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Calls to disobey army orders are crime against Israeli society

This doesn't sound like the most disciplined Army to me.

JERUSALEM (AFP) - Calls for soldiers to disobey orders during the planned pullout from the Gaza Strip (news - web sites) later this year amount to a crime against Israeli society, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (news - web sites) warned.

"Those who are calling for orders to disobeyed are destroying the thing that is most sacred to Israeli society. It is a crime against all of us," Sharon told public radio on Wednesday.

Sharon's comments come amid growing by settlers and their supporters, including right-wing rabbis, to reject any order from their superiors to carry out what they regard as the "forcible transfer of Jews."

The issue of insubordination was further highlighted earlier this week when an off-duty soldier called for his colleagues to disobey an order to remove settlers from an unauthorised Jewish outpost in the northern West Bank during violent scuffles.

"Those who are calling for disobedience and violence are committing a sin and are threatening our very existence," he said.

"We will use all the powers at our disposal against anyone who raises a hand against the soldiers, the police or agents from the security services. We are going to have a long look at the legal implications of the latest events."

Sharon reiterated earlier calls to leave the army out of the political debate over his plan to remove all the 8,000 settlers in Gaza and the residents of four small Jewish enclaves in the northern West Bank.

"Leave the Tzahal (army) alone. If you want to protest, do it against me but leave the soldiers outside politics."
Old 01-07-2005, 07:40 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
This doesn't sound good.
Soldiers are lousy Politicians, just as Politicians are lousy soldiers.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
The solution is simple... if those settlers and certain soldiers refuse the orders to pull out just cut off thier supplies. With no ammunition those soldiers will be powerless, and with no soldiers to protect them, the settlers will be at the mercy of the radical palistinians. They chose to disobey orders and they pay the price.

-Chris
Old 01-07-2005, 12:03 PM

doesnt sound good to me either
Old 01-07-2005, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
This doesn't sound like the Israeli Army I know.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by Oaf
This doesn't sound good.
Soldiers are lousy Politicians, just as Politicians are lousy soldiers.
Eisenhower?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
The people and their representative government must act together as a cohesive group, otherwise the peace process cannot succeed. The same goes for palestinians who continue to blow up children during cease-fires.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:47 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by gpatmac
Eisenhower?
Well, I guess you got me.
While I wouldn't call Eisenhower "lousy", he was OK at best.

Originally Posted by salty
This doesn't sound like the Israeli Army I know.
No kidding.
The CO at mini winter warfare school I went to near Mt Rainier was Jewish & had served in the Isreali Army.
That dude was tough & disciplined as were his cadre.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by Oaf
Well, I guess you got me.
While I wouldn't call Eisenhower "lousy", he was OK at best.

No kidding.
The CO at mini winter warfare school I went to near Mt Rainier was Jewish & had served in the Isreali Army.
That dude was tough & disciplined as were his cadre.

My Grandparent's neighbor and family friend was a very well disciplined Israeli tank commander and is a successful, disciplined software engineer now.

I'd have to say the most disciplined Army I ever had the opportunity to train with was the Royal Thai Army Special Forces (Airborne). They came over to Ft. Bragg for a unit exchange to earn U.S. wings and we got to earn their pretty gold and silver wings with red backing.

Anyways, Me and a few other NCO's in LRSU had the task of showing this group a “good time”. We took them to the SF battalions, had them negotiate Nasty Nick, showed them the glorious city of Fayetteville and a week long trip to Washington D.C. once training was fulfilled down the road.

We did PT with them every morning in area-J which was the forest area immediately behind the 82nd airborne division and LRSU barracks. The terrain consisted of numerous hills with that dreadful, soft southern clay that Sandhill, Benning was notorious for. We had one instance where a Thai soldier sprained his ankle and fell out of the run.

My buddy spoke Thai/Laos and decided to fallout of the run to keep the Thai soldier company and to keep him from being lost. All of the sudden the highest ranking Thai NCO broke ranks, fell back and beat the living **** out of his own man. Yeah... I didn't know if it was discipline or lunacy but it was bad and very bloody. The run completely stopped and the Americans were trying to breakup the fight while my buddy explained how conduct in the United States Military worked in "the open" (you catch my drift about the ""). We had to go back to the barracks and give this group of soldiers a Thai/Laos EO class just to get on track for the next few days. This did not help much and we had to actually negotiate with MPs at one point and deal with the lunacy at the Pope AFB greenramp just before a jump.

By far the hardest group of men I've trained with. And I've heard stories that ROK Marines and parts of the Singaporean Special Forces are worse. You get death if you screw up in some cases.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:11 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by gpatmac
Eisenhower?
U.S. Grant?