Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Fix caster? alignment specs listed.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
-2 degrees of camber is negated when you take a turn, ANY speed btw.

Wait and..... toe out in the right rear??? That's gonna cause some decent oversteer on a left hand turn. I would keep zero or some toe in your case

Toe out is one crazy mother****ing mod to have great effects but only if you can handle it. Unfortunately it aided my cause a few months ago for sure. But did it drive great **** yeah.

Caster difference much? You should be in the mid 3-4 range if i'm not wrong. I was at 7.3/7.2 on my legacy after the PSRS install. I dunno what the bugeye is at with the race whiteline ALK though.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by esousa22
I know, but I don't need to appreciate cornering ability to appreciate my car. Wearing my tires out even 20% faster than I would without the -2 camber isn't something I want to do.
20% is a huge amount. anytime you take a turn you would appreciate even a little bit of negative camber. If you go straight all the time(as in do not take a turn) then by all means roll with 0 and youll be fine. Turn with 0 camber and that will cause more wear. Also whyd you get adjustable camber plates if you arent taking advantage of them. Its like buying a huge turbo and running stock boost.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 AM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by flat489
20% is a huge amount. anytime you take a turn you would appreciate even a little bit of negative camber. If you go straight all the time(as in do not take a turn) then by all means roll with 0 and youll be fine. Turn with 0 camber and that will cause more wear. Also whyd you get adjustable camber plates if you arent taking advantage of them. Its like buying a huge turbo and running stock boost.
adjustable front camber plates come factory with the megans. Well at least on most sites I checked out.

Originally Posted by Heedz
-2 degrees of camber is negated when you take a turn, ANY speed btw.

Wait and..... toe out in the right rear??? That's gonna cause some decent oversteer on a left hand turn. I would keep zero or some toe in your case

Toe out is one crazy mother****ing mod to have great effects but only if you can handle it. Unfortunately it aided my cause a few months ago for sure. But did it drive great **** yeah.

Caster difference much? You should be in the mid 3-4 range if i'm not wrong. I was at 7.3/7.2 on my legacy after the PSRS install. I dunno what the bugeye is at with the race whiteline ALK though.
I read up a bit on alignment and I think I'm gonna do -2 or just below at like -1.7 or something on camber in the front and zero out all the toe because its not necessary for me. I don't need it to handle like a beast, its a subaru, it already does way better than most cars I'm gonna get a ALK within the next few months to see what I can do. I also adjusted the caster myself by getting the gap as close as I could and I'm taking it in tomorrow morning to see what everything is at and ask them to do everything.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 AM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
I'm still confused about caster. What's the best caster setting for track/autoX and whats the best for daily driving? I got an alignment a couple weeks ago and my caster was in the 7's. Camber was -1.5 front and -3.2 rear, I need to get rear lateral links to fix the rear. Toe was set at zero.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Caster? On the impreza somewhere in the 4-5 range? I'm not too sure, still new to the impreza platform.

But since you have the new generation I say 7 range, because it should be pretty similar to the BP/BL legacys I was at 7.3 with my caster alk kit.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by iDriveMyi
I'm still confused about caster. What's the best caster setting for track/autoX and whats the best for daily driving? I got an alignment a couple weeks ago and my caster was in the 7's. Camber was -1.5 front and -3.2 rear, I need to get rear lateral links to fix the rear. Toe was set at zero.
Caster is not usually adjustable unless you have some plates. It looks like the specified range for my car at least (and most likely yours) is 5.2 - 6.7. My actual is 6.1 on the left and 5.8 on the right.

I would think that more is better since it really takes effect when you turn your wheels. But I've never felt the need for more.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Caster is not usually adjustable unless you have some plates. It looks like the specified range for my car at least (and most likely yours) is 5.2 - 6.7. My actual is 6.1 on the left and 5.8 on the right.

I would think that more is better since it really takes effect when you turn your wheels. But I've never felt the need for more.
See my post earlier in the thread. Caster has some adjust ability. It might only be 1°, but there is some play in the rear mount on the GD.