Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Inner tie tod replacement or new rack?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
Inner tie tod replacement or new rack?

So today I took my car to a local subaru shop to have it looked over. Come to find out the front passenger tie rod is bent pretty good. I asked what they'd charge to replace it and they told me I'd need a new rack because the tie rod couldn't be replaced. Anyone have any input on this? I feel like the shop is just trying to get more money out of me. Any info would be appreciated, thanks guys. Oh yea, the car is an 06 STI
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 00RS
Originally Posted by SubySTiGuy06
So today I took my car to a local subaru shop to have it looked over. Come to find out the front passenger tie rod is bent pretty good. I asked what they'd charge to replace it and they told me I'd need a new rack because the tie rod couldn't be replaced. Anyone have any input on this? I feel like the shop is just trying to get more money out of me. Any info would be appreciated, thanks guys. Oh yea, the car is an 06 STI
No they just want more money.. I hit a side walk at 35mph and broke a rim and turned my tie rod into an L lol and all I had to change was the tie rod.. you will need an alignment after replacing though.