Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

transmission lawsuit won!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:59 PM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
My car is @ carlsen right now... had my tranny serviced there before (synchros, covered), but now my first gear is gone. service manager JOHN SUEY (sp?) is being a DCIK! all i have is a cat back. i don't beat the shiet outta my car but i do drive it spirited... anyway, i'll see what happeneds today. if i have to eat it imma get an RA spec tranny
Old 04-29-2005, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 2003 GGA
Originally Posted by DOHCammin
if I had the cash, the STI would be in my driveway...my house has to be the damn priority. Goddamn kitchen, I could have had the rex finished by now!
House = investment.

Car = money pit.

You're doin' the right thing, bro.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:54 PM

Car Info: POS
Subaru won a $75,000 countersuit against a WRX owner. He sued them for not warranting his tranny problems and lost, then SOA sued him for court expenses and they won. It's great that he won, but some won't. His win is good for precedence though.

My brother has the cold start fly/clutch judder. He calls the dealer who claims that it's normal and they won't do anything. I say bulls**t I've seen the service bulletin on-line. We got a copy of the internal service bulletin, checked his VIN and sure enough his car was in the VIN range listed. He takes it to the dealer and shows them the bulletin and the service manager freaks out and gives him the 3rd degree on how he got a copy of it.

He finally gets them to agree to look at it, but they won't pay for a rental. Fine he'll pay for the rental. The service manager then tells him if they don't find anything wrong with the clutch/flywheel or they determine it's from abuse he has to pay for it out of pocket. They call him back and tell him his car shows no signs, on the flywheel, of the problem and he has to pay for the labor.

Well, my brother works with a gentleman who has a friend who is a higher up at SOA. He tells his coworker the story and his coworker tells his SOA friend. My brother gets in contact with the SOA guy and is told to fax his info over so he can look at it.

Well, my brother never got the judder fixed, but did get the money back that he spent to get the car looked at. I have felt the judder and it hasn't gone away. I'm curious to go to the Honda and Mazda boards to see if there are similar issues with those auto makers.

Last edited by silentbob343; 04-29-2005 at 10:42 PM.