Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Do I really have to pay for this???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Car Info: '04 WRX
Unhappy Do I really have to pay for this???

So, I've been having a bit of a wheel vibration on the highway over 60mph and my wheel is a bit crooked to the right as well. I know that usually these problems are caused by misalignment and imbalanced wheels however I have brand new tires and rims from Subydude which were balanced and mounted at Auto Innovations down in Milpitas and I also had an alignment done at Immortal Motorsports in Hayward just about a month ago so I'm pretty sure my problem isn't coming from a misalignment or imbalanced wheels.

I decided to bring it back to Diablo Subaru in Walnut Creek where I bought my car in 2004 since it is still covered by the warranty. However when I told them about my new wheels and that my car had just been through an alignment they insist that 99.99% of the time the problem stems from those two things so they are going to do another balance and alignment and even if that DOESN'T fix the problem, they are still going to CHARGE ME That sounds pretty shady to me, anybody have any suggestions or am I just going to have to pay my overpriced dealership service???

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
If you are going to pay for it, just go elsewhere. I'd have Auto Innovations do it.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'd put your stock wheels back on and see if that solves the problem, if not then go back to th dealership (or another one) with the stock wheels still on
Old 09-20-2007, 12:58 AM

Car Info: was a 02 wrx now a beast
have you been mistreating your car if it was not doing it right after you did the new rims and the alignment it is posable that somthing hapend betewn then and now. maby even something as small as going fast over a speed bump what kind of rims do you have?