Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

ref ticket :( please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 AM

****ty situation... good luck man.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by NorCalRex
****ty situation... good luck man.

Last edited by sigma pi; 02-05-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
proof of insurance and licence you go to court and show that you have both

thats done

state ref
either you go COMPLETELY STOCK FROM TEH SHOW ROOM

OR PAY ABOUT 1100$
Old 02-05-2010, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
i just got back!! so.....they got me for my fuel rails and not having my stock solenoid hooked up. but everything else was fine so basically everything the cop had me go in for was fine (dumbass) and everything he didnt see the reff saw. which is not surprising. so now i need to barrow or buy some stock fuel rails than ill be golden!!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
Are you saying the cop was the dumbass, even though you went to the state ref with aftermarket parts still on your car? Priceless. And its "borrow" not "barrow." I'm just staying...
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM

ya im saying he was. because he obviously does not know what is "acceptable" and not in the state of California. if that is not enough reasoning for you that he is not a dumb *** he also did not notice i had illegal cats, had no front license plate, tint and also he said "i dont know why you have all this junk and this loud exhaust on here. its doesnt give you any horse power gain and it just plain annoying so take it off." he said my turbo and intercooler needed carb stickers otherwise they are illegal. when the reff specifically told me they do not need them and they are fine. for the vf34 at least. so you tell me if you dont think he is a dumb *** for saying that. yes that is obviously my exaggeration because im a little flustered but to say non the less he didn't handle the situation as well as he could have. now im not saying im not a dumb *** for running illegal stuff on my car but i knowing took the risk. and i personally didnt mind going down there to see what "exactly" i needed to do to my car to fix it. so i didnt have to go through the hassle of putting my car fully back to stock, like alot of people told me to do. i think it was smart of me to do that. and it obviously was because i did not have to replace my top mount or turbo, injectors and fuel pump etc. i know my grammar isnt perfect. i still cant spell words like tomorrow lol. feel free to correct me on anything i messed up in this post.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:07 PM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
And it's "saying," not "staying."
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
In the end, he got a modified car off of the road and into the state ref. Every police officer should not have to know what EVERY stock engine bay is supposed to look like. So you have to spend money to have everything uninstalled, stock parts put back in, and my guess is that you will throw those aftermarket parts right back in. My point is that you are giving a police office $hit for doing his job. I still don't understand why people do this.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 PM

lol ^^ now that is priceless lolz
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM

im only giving him crap because he acted like he knew what was illegal and not. he accused me of having stuff that was illegal when really i didnt. two guys looked carefully under my hood for probably ten minutes. im not a cop hater at all. i know he was doing his job and he had every right to get me for my exhaust. im not saying i didnt do anything wrong. im just a 19 year old kid who want to try to bend the rules hear and there. and i know im not the only one as long as i dont drive like a dumb *** and put anyone's life in danger or anything, i think im being a pretty good citizen on the road. but dont get me wrong i know what i did was wrong and trying to bend the rules is not right, and the officer had every right to give me that ticket. just not for the 2 things that were not even true. i know he probably doesnt know engines very well so i think he shouldn't be acting like he does especially working for the government when there job is to enforce the law when the law is broken. and in that case i wasn't.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:23 AM

Car Info: 07 STi EQ tuned / 08 LEGACY
Originally Posted by mr_silas
im only giving him crap because he acted like he knew what was illegal and not. he accused me of having stuff that was illegal when really i didnt. two guys looked carefully under my hood for probably ten minutes. im not a cop hater at all. i know he was doing his job and he had every right to get me for my exhaust. im not saying i didnt do anything wrong. im just a 19 year old kid who want to try to bend the rules hear and there. and i know im not the only one as long as i dont drive like a dumb *** and put anyone's life in danger or anything, i think im being a pretty good citizen on the road. but dont get me wrong i know what i did was wrong and trying to bend the rules is not right, and the officer had every right to give me that ticket. just not for the 2 things that were not even true. i know he probably doesnt know engines very well so i think he shouldn't be acting like he does especially working for the government when there job is to enforce the law when the law is broken. and in that case i wasn't.
sorry man i got to bust ur bawls on this, we all modify our cars knowing the fact if we get yank, then we have to suffer the outcome, maybe the cop was a d@#k, and should have been more kind, but he doesnt know if ur going to pull a gun out and start shooting, im jus saying give the cop a break for doing what he was taught to do, u know, anyways good luck on the rails that was some good news for everybody that has modified their cars!!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 PM

im not saying im not a dumb *** for running illegal stuff on my car but i knowing took the risk. and i personally didnt mind going down there to see what "exactly" i needed to do to my car to fix it.
as i said before i know the risk i was taking. i dont have a problem with the cop doing his job. i know i broke the law. im not questioning that. just the way he went about it. vladi and i are gonna put my stock fuel rails on sat than ill be all set! i thinks its about time to loose my loud *** can exhaust to
Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
as i said before i know the risk i was taking. i dont have a problem with the cop doing his job. i know i broke the law. im not questioning that. just the way he went about it. vladi and i are gonna put my stock fuel rails on sat than ill be all set! i thinks its about time to loose my loud *** can exhaust to
I give you props for bringing it into the refs with all your mods. As far as everyone corrected spelling, they are using Firefox so they dont have that issue...trust me, they are just as bad @ spelling...hehe. You can go all day with sentence and grammar correction on those same peeps. It just helps them win their argument by discrediting yours by picking out spelling mistakes, lame!

Instead of changing a bunch of crap, you saved some time and patience.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:55 PM

Car Info: Norco 29er Mtn Bike
I am not a cop hater but I think they should worry about gangs/drugs/violence and let us do what ever the **** we want to are cars.I understand speeding and reckless driving but giving people tickets for modding has always seemed way to extreme, and the whole ref thing is bull ****!!. We should start a petition to get a law passed to where we can have what ever mods we want as long as we run e85 haha