Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passing another WRX/Suby

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
lol, I didn't say I could do it. And i probably can't without my parents help. But if i were to, or course, i'd be a little brat. thats completely logical :rollseyes:

christian, 16 year olds can get learners permits, 17 full license i think.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
I wave when I can, but i notice most STi owners dont get it......prolly dont even understand that they have an STi...
Old 06-19-2004, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 2004 Prodrive Suabru Impreza WRX
I've had my WRX for at least 3 months. In that time I've seen countless Subarus (WRXs,STIs etc.) Only one person has waved to me. I think around here people are too much of snobs to wave. Must don't even look. It's weird.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:47 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
I've had my WRX for 30 days. I have given - and gotten - lots of recognition from other WRX owners. Total strangers who respond to a honk and a wave in kind. It's really cool and a lot of fun. (Of course you have to be alert when dealing with strangers, but honking and waving is pretty benign.)

One guy that I waved to in the rear view mirror, driving a white wrx sedan, pulled up beside me in traffic at about 45mph, and I yelled out "Nice Car!" and he yelled out "How do you like it"..."I love it! How about you!" and he says "It's Great! Awesome"... and then we zoom on our separate ways. It's really enjoyable to connect with someone like that.

Other people don't notice or respond, but that's their business. Maybe they had a bad day or aren't into it. I'll feel a little self-conscious at getting brushed off, but it's no big deal.

I had a conversation at a stop light with a woman driving an older Outback about how much she loved her car and how great Subarus are. She had no reason to talk to me, any more that I had to her, but we both drove off with a smile.

I've had several other wave backs. With that, and my complete satisfaction in the car, driving has morphed into a pleasurable experience to be savored. Normally I'd expect that feeling to wear off after a while, but seeing how enthusiastic the drivers are on this site, after several years of ownership, I'm thinking that might not be the case.

The key is to be the first to wave, and just keep waving.

Last edited by WarreX; 06-20-2004 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-20-2004, 07:29 PM

Smile

I have actually had ppl come up to me in parking lots and start asking me how i like it...btw i am 17 and these ppl are 40'-50's. i love it when other subies wave and I always wave. Also i did pay for almost all of my car gas but not insssurance cuz i am inssured under two more high performance cars which blow my wrx out of the water. so not all 16-17 year olds are brats.
~Andy
Old 06-23-2004, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
young lucky *** kids...i'm amazed that u can actually have one at that age.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2014 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
Originally Posted by subiescottwrx
young lucky *** kids...i'm amazed that u can actually have one at that age.

when I was 17... my transportation was my legs. That was high performance cuz I was fat back then too. I had a high octane gas to go with that after eating hard boiled eggs

yup.. Bus and legs. Legs when I was broke, bus when I was ballin.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:32 PM

Car Info: 03' WRB
i had a dream last nite that i was standing on the patio of some resturant and a wrx passes i threw him up the peace sign and he did the same and then he threw up threw fingures in a "W" kinda way... i guess thats a sign for me to start throwing up three fingures in homage to the Wrx... waka waka waka~!!

<))><
Old 06-24-2004, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2014 Mazda MX-5 GT PRHT
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Christian
i had a dream last nite that i was standing on the patio of some resturant and a wrx passes i threw him up the peace sign and he did the same and then he threw up threw fingures in a "W" kinda way... i guess thats a sign for me to start throwing up three fingures in homage to the Wrx... waka waka waka~!!

<))><

maybe it meant "whatever"
Old 07-01-2004, 12:14 PM

Car Info: 03' WRB
Originally Posted by sireatalot
maybe it meant "whatever"
or WAR
Old 07-01-2004, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Christian
or WAR
Or it was the "westside" symbol...

If I see another 'rex that looks awesome or has some cool sounding exhaust, I give them the "metal" sign. Otherwise they just get a wave. Not that their car is crap, but I have to give something extra to the people who go the extra mile for their car, know what I'm saying?

And my windows are always down, unless it's raining. Gotta hear that sweet music from the back... :banana:
Old 07-04-2004, 02:02 AM

Car Info: Its a gross polluter : (
I pull my shirt up and then press my man **** on the window and shout Snoop Dog!

or maybe i watch to many girls gone wild videos : )
just kidding i wave to all impreza owners new and old.

Quick Reply: Passing another WRX/Suby