Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
View Poll Results: Should I become a vendor.
There is some general interest for me to be a vendor here.
66.67%
Go away Evo boy.
50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

New Led lighting third brake light options. Need thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 05 evo 8, 05 srt-4
New Led lighting third brake light options. Need thoughts.

Hello everyone, I am Curt, Mr. Energy Leds.
I am currently a vendor on evom, and I make led products for the lancer, evo, and srt-4. So now I want to move my business to the subaru crowd.
Im posting this wanting to get a feeler for the stuff I offer now, and possibly offering the same lineup I have for the evo. If there is a good interest than I will become a vendor here as well. Everything I make is vehicle specific, custom made, not mass produced junk.
I DONT SELL JUNK.

Please take the time to look over my evo thread as all the offers I have there will apply here.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=318628

Scrolling led 3rd brake light.
So far this is availble for the Evo, Lancer, and Wrx. Universal applications coming soon.

BrakeText is a versatile, multi function product which fits simply to the rear of your vehicle. The robust, moulded plastic mounting plate fits discretely.

Wiring to the vehicle is very straight forward. Using modern LED lighting technology BrakeText provides an additional high intensity brake light with a hi-tech scrolling message facility. Ever wanted to convey a message to others from your vehicle?
Now you can with the built in, fully programmable, scrolling LED system capable of storing up to 5 messages each 250 characters long, completely of your choosing created using the infra-red remote control provided. A great way to advertise your club or business - or maybe just an eye-catching way to display your vehicle for sale.
BrakeText is a quality safety product that also has a commercial and fun side. Batteries included for the remote. Aside from 2 inputs for scrolling options this is Plug and play.

I will need you to send me your 3rd brake light, I will mod it, and send it back to you.

Pricing will be 110 shipped back to you. Comes with program directions, and easy to use remote for programming. 1 year free replacement warrenty.

Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhnb8Nryf2U

Wrx housing.

Name:  IMG_0829.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0841.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  48.5 KB

The braketext has 3 12 volt inputs.
Input 1, Have it scrolling up with any 4 letter word, as many as you can think of, or side to side with as many big words, numbers, or sentences as you want.

Input 2, Can be on a switch or act as the brake light. Have it scrolling up with any 4 letter word, as many as you can think of, or side to side with as many big words, numbers, or sentences as you want.

Input 3. This is the actual brake light option. It illuminates the whole led display when the brake are depressed. Of course you can wire it as you feel.

Ground, It will be wired up already when I send it back to you. You have the options to hook the 3 inputs up.

It wont drain the battery, leave it on 24/7. It only uses .025 milliamps. It also features options as Inverted, backwards, Really fast, really slow scrolling, 5 programmable presets, and 9 levels of brightness.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Led 3rd brake lights. Many custom style's will be availible if there is interest.

These can be had in many custom styles like my evo 3rd brake lights.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=318628

Here is a 3rd brake light with dual intensity.. Normal for everyday driving wont bother other drivers, and goes superbright when you press the brakes. Extremly low current draw. Vid below.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q_wc7PvaVMI

The new peice consists of a custom plate made by me, 22 8mm leds easy 5 min. install, virtually plug and play. Replaces your inner red lense and light bulb. You install it, you send me nothing but money. 50.00 shipped. 6 month warrenty.

To have a dual intensity stop light add 15 dollars. Sorry it takes time, 3 resistors, a special diode, enough wire to hook it to your parking light harness, and a crimp connector.

Name:  IMG_0741.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0740.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  56.8 KB

Last edited by farmer; 01-30-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
This post has been cleared by us for feeler purposes only
Old 01-28-2008, 03:15 PM

Thank you again sir.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
Can you post more pics of the screen lit up with words to see the variations and how long a word you can make
Old 01-29-2008, 03:17 PM

You can make a word up to 250 letters long.

Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhnb8Nryf2U

Name:  IMG_0822.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  30.4 KB

Only 54 views. Not a popular spot I see. But then again some advertising is better than none.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
son of ***** i want this

can you do tail lights too??

cant do scrolling but just regular high low for the tail lights?

i have an 03

i want a scrolling one that i can put words on pwn3d for the track

and pics of a tinted rear window?

Last edited by sigma pi; 01-29-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
9 to 5 mod

and i voted for both
Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
9 to 5 mod

cant it strobe light ?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:17 PM

Strobe no. Side to side, or up and down. I havent found a competent supplier yet who makes one. I was going to offer a flasher on my normal led 3rd brake lights.

Ideas. People give me ideas, and I make it.
Im not creative, but here is one idea, Input one, you can leave this on constantly have it scrolling up with any 4 letter word, as many as you can think of, or side to with as big as words or sentences as you want. I t wont drain the battery, leave it on 24/7.

Input 2 can be on a switch or act as the brake light which says what ever you want going up or side to side. Inverted, backwards, Really fast, really slow.

3rd input is a 3rd brake only. Lites the whole screen up. Use the other 2 inputs as you wish.

Pics with this and tint tommorow. Here is my other style with 5%.

As far as custom tails not yet. I do have led plugin options though. So far this is my pricing on evom.

Plug-in style leds. Tails and headlights.
6 month free replacement warrenty. These leds are the best the market has right now. You could buy cheaper ones, but they will lack in light, and have a possible short life.
Pricing is for 2 led bulbs.

Tails.

2, 7443 Brake, parking light. 24 smt leds each Red 45.00
2, 194 Parking light. 25, smt leds each Red 27.00
2, 7440 Amber or white turn signals. 3, 1 watt leds each 25.00 Requires load resistor, see below.
2, 7440 White reverse light. 3, 1 watt leds each 25.00

Rear bumper.
2, 194 style Red rear bumber parking light. 5 smt leds each 24.00

Front fender turn signal, and headlights.
2, 194 Front fender side turn signal. White, Blue, or Amber. 1, 1 watt led 10.00 Red for 24.00
2, 7440 Headlight turn signal. White or Amber.3, 1 watt leds 25.00 Requires load resistor, see below.
2, 194 Headlight parking light. Amber 25.00. 9 smt leds. Red, white or blue, 24.00 High power flux led with heatsink for long life.
Factory amber lense must be removed in order to use red or blue for a turn signal.

Couldnt resist telling the evo boy to go away could ya. I would do the same if givin the option.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:14 PM
9 to 5 mod

haha i would too

hmm i have regular fluted lenses so im going to have to see what they look like with that so i dunno

but the third brake light im down with for sure

i thought flux was just the stuff you use for soldering to make it stick?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:17 PM
9 to 5 mod

ok i think i have this how
you have the message either on all the time or not

W000

then when you hit the brakes the whole pannel goes red correct?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:56 PM

The braketext has 3 12 volt inputs.
Input 1, Have it scrolling up with any 4 letter word, as many as you can think of, or side to side with as many big words, numbers, or sentences as you want.

Input 2, Can be on a switch or act as the brake light. Have it scrolling up with any 4 letter word, as many as you can think of, or side to side with as many big words, numbers, or sentences as you want.

Input 3. This is the actual brake light option. It illuminates the whole led display when the brake are depressed. Of course you can wire it as you feel.

Ground, It will be wired up already when I send it back to you. You have the options to hook the 3 inputs up.

It wont drain the battery, leave it on 24/7. It only uses .025 milliamps. It also features options as Inverted, backwards, Really fast, really slow scrolling, 5 programmable presets, and 9 levels of brightness.

Last edited by farmer; 01-30-2008 at 06:34 PM.