Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intentional water leak?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:21 PM

Car Info: 06 suby sti
intentional water leak?

Hi, after washing my car i noticed water leaking on the center right in front of my car, I decided to inspect.....

Car: 2006 sti

Conditions:
- Just washed my car (kinda waxed part of it)
- Drove about 15 miles before i noticed. Had the air conditioning on for full 15 miles.
- Stopped for 5 minutes and saw this puddle of about 20 or so drops of some fluid
*Fluid was odorless and transparent when i soaked some of it up with a towel. appears to be water

- I poured water on the windshield area and it just flooded out from vents on the side of the car, not from this tube

Does A/C produce water that is poured out? or is this tube suppose to lead somewhere, and i'm F**k'd?

thanks for looking, please keep the flaming about my diagram to a minimal.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
looks like its from the heatercore or something
Old 07-31-2009, 03:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
That is the AC drain. Water coming from there when the AC running is normal, the water is being removed from the air inside the car and collects in the evaporator housing, it drains to the outside through that hose.
If you don't see water draining from there when the AC is operating, the hose should be checked for blockage (sometimes it can become clogged with debris or kinked). You don't want that to happen because the water can then back up inside the car.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 06 suby sti
Originally Posted by Mulder
That is the AC drain. Water coming from there when the AC running is normal, the water is being removed from the air inside the car and collects in the evaporator housing, it drains to the outside through that hose.
If you don't see water draining from there when the AC is operating, the hose should be checked for blockage (sometimes it can become clogged with debris or kinked). You don't want that to happen because the water can then back up inside the car.
wheeew.. thank you for enlightening me. I almost brought it to Putnam subaru (they're not bad or anything, just close to me) and possibly be charged a "diagnostic fee." I can rest better now. thanks again!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
if you ever get a down pipe yo uare gonna melt right through that thing. I rerouted mine.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:16 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
From the factory, mine was draining on the subframe. The subframe was so rusted out that I ended up having to replace it. I believe they started coating the subframe on our cars after mine ('02) but I would still zip tie it to the side or reroute it to be safe...

Here is the stocker:
Name:  rustedframeonground.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  134.5 KB

Up close:
Name:  rustupclose.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  173.0 KB