Boost leak blues -> fixed leak = new car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Boost leak blues -> fixed leak = new car!

I've had a VERY annoying boost leak for the last couple of weeks... The turbo inlet hose clamp came loose and my car has been suffering BIG time from a boost leak... My STi could have been pwn3d by a brand new N/A impreza (2.5L), that's how bad it was. Felt like I lost at least 200hp at one point. I got around to fixing the leak and resetting my ECU and now my car feels like a brand new car! OMG, the smile on my face after I fixed the leak was almost as good as Aaron's (international B) face when he rode in that Veyron.

I swear, when you get tired of your car and it feels slow to you, the best thing you can do is loosen one of the hose clamps that goes to the turbo and MAKE IT leak... Drive like that for a few days or a week, then fix the boost leak and you will be so happy and your car will feel like a new car.

I just had to share my happiness... I swear, my car felt worse than a 2.5i. I went from 300+hp to like 100hp and had to drive like that for two weeks because I didn't have the right tools (my tools were stolen) to fix it, even though it was a SUPER simple fix... Just had to loosen the hose clamp, move it over by an inch and tighten it... It was in a tight spot so I needed a specific deep socket and adapter to get to it.

If you have an N/A subies, well, I'm sorry. jk (I drove an N/A impreza for 10 years, I'm just teasing.)
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx

See your posts are happy posts...
Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!

I'm ALWAYS HAPPY! Any time you read my posts, even if I come off as a sarcastic ahole, always remember that behind that computer I'm sitting there with a HUGE smile on my face and am either joking or just being REALLY HAPPY!