Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I went offroad today

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 11:49 AM

Re: I went offroad today

Originally posted by xromeyx
just thought i should share my fun with the rest of yous guys. There is a big dirt field out by my house, so i got a wild hair up my a$$ and went for it. well to make a long story short, i got sideways at about 55mph about 7-12 times and got up to 90mph on the straight. it ws more fun than anything i have ever experinced. (well allmost) i was so suprised how easy it was to controle a long drift in my car on the dirt, even at such high speeds. i felt like i was in the WRC or something. well thats it thanks for reading.
Ryan
You need to get yourself to the May 31st Rally Cross!

Old 05-22-2003, 03:09 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
damn, that looks like fun! is anyone here heading to the May 31st rally cross event at Thunderhill? i'm sorely tempted to head up there, even though it's a bit of a drive. anyone know how the rallyx course is? my only experience with the dirt at T-hill has been in T1 when i ran off at 100+ after missing a downshift on my 600 supersport bike, and a little dirt tracking when i cut the cyclone on the same bike (don't laugh, i've done well over 1000 laps at t-hill, and those are the only two incidents i've ever had there).
Old 05-22-2003, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by dropkick_muppet
damn, that looks like fun! is anyone here heading to the May 31st rally cross event at Thunderhill? i'm sorely tempted to head up there, even though it's a bit of a drive. anyone know how the rallyx course is? my only experience with the dirt at T-hill has been in T1 when i ran off at 100+ after missing a downshift on my 600 supersport bike, and a little dirt tracking when i cut the cyclone on the same bike (don't laugh, i've done well over 1000 laps at t-hill, and those are the only two incidents i've ever had there).
There is usually a fair sized i-club showing at the Thunderhill Rally X events. There is a bit of discussion over at The Other Site. The track is usually pretty good, although after the WRXes tend to dig some trenches as the day goes on. If you are curious, I have some videos and pictures from some of the previous rally cross events @ Thunderhill.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:36 PM

right then, i think i'm going to try and make it to the rallyx event. do you have to be a member to participate, or does it just cost more if you're not? is there a limited number of spots available? and finally, what are you using to protect the bodywork on your WRX in the photos? thanks.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:55 PM

right then, i think i'm going to try and make it to the rallyx event. do you have to be a member to participate, or does it just cost more if you're not? is there a limited number of spots available? and finally, what are you using to protect the bodywork on your WRX in the photos? thanks.
It's $25 for SCCA/CRS members, $35 otherwise. You get 4 runs and depending on the turnout there may be fun runs ($1/run I think... maybe it was $2). I don't think there is any danger of it filling up, but you can alway pre-reg on the SCCA site to be safe.

The white protective stuff is magnetic sign material (for delivery vans, etc) from Kinko's. It works great.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:03 PM

great, thanks! i'll have to get myself registered this evening, and maybe pick up some of that magnetic sign material this weekend. $35 to rip arround a dirt course for a bit is well worth it, and the drive to T-Hill isn't that bad when you're not towing a trailer. do most people drive up the morning before the event, or drive up and stay friday night?
Old 05-22-2003, 05:21 PM

great, thanks! i'll have to get myself registered this evening, and maybe pick up some of that magnetic sign material this weekend. $35 to rip arround a dirt course for a bit is well worth it, and the drive to T-Hill isn't that bad when you're not towing a trailer. do most people drive up the morning before the event, or drive up and stay friday night?
I think most people drive up that morning, but I'm lazy and usually get a room in Willows Friday evening. The magnatic material from Kinko's isn't cheap - you may be able to find it elsewhere for less. However, if you plan on driving like a mad man your paint will thank you. Even with my fatty mud flaps I end up throwing dirt/gravel all over the place.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:47 PM

i'm not really surprised that most people drive up, there is only really one place in willows that's worth staying in. i've only stayed the night before for motorcycle events there, it's not fun trying to tow a trailer up there and make it to tech by 7:30am.

if you plan on driving like a mad man

you mean that's an if? seriously, i know the bodywork would be better off being covered for an event like this. i've driven enough in heavy mud and gravel that i know what it can do to a car. i may have to see if i can find a set of flaps somewhere too