So Cal Offroad fun...OBS rules!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:08 PM

So Cal Offroad fun...OBS rules!!!

So I went to this OHV park called San Gabriel Valley OHV yesterday. My sister was in town for Spring Break and I wanted to show her how awesome a soob was in the dirt. She has 2003 Jeep Rubicon. We get there and the first thing we see is a Ford Ranger 2wd stuck in the stream crossing. The guy has himself buried all the way down to his rear bumper. After he was moved out, people gather to see if I would get stuck. Course, soobs rule and I went through the stream w/little problem. My engine sputtered b/c I forgot to switch my intake to my stock air box. Went around doing to soob nuts and splashing through the mud.
At the end of the day, She was very impressed with how the soob handled. She has no plans in getting rid of her Jeep, but then again I have no plans on getting rid of my soob.

In fact I plan to build up a BRAT to woop her Rubi's MOPAR rear. Look for a future post..."550 dollar BRAT w/2k? in mods, out performs 20k Rubicon."

pictures of the adventure
Old 03-09-2004, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
nice wut kind of tires were u using?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:06 PM

Car Info: 04 STi/67 rotary 311/C20/DT Barracuda
Those pictures are classic...there is an off road area up in Azusa with similar streams and such for off roading. Last time I was up there with my buds Cherokee we got stuck in the steam and a Suzuki Samara came and did a drive buy was very embarrassing to say the least but from looking at your pics looks like the suby is up to the task.

areg
Old 03-10-2004, 07:56 AM

That's where I went.

I am using some off the shelf M+S tires. I plan to get a Outback strut swap and then get some Kumho Rally tires.

The BRAT will probably get a dual range tranny first. Then it's time to fabricate polyurethane motor and tranny mounts. I am pricing lift kits and will raise about 4 inches and run some big meaty tires. The stock tires are wimpy 13 inchers.

But first I have to get the OBS cleaned up and I have to look into the source of a radiator leak. (I smell that sickly sweat smell of antifreeze leaking.)

BW