Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.

Advice wanted - Considering purchase of new 2002 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 04:42 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Charles Mahan
It's a fairly standard WRX wagon, automatic. Dealer wants $22,990. I want about another $500 worth of accessories(arm rest, cargo tray,rear-dif protector, cargo net, etc. It came to around $24,400 with TTL and delivery. New model. If it matters, I'm in the Dallas, Tx area.

Problem is even with the 3.9% rates the payments are going to be a wee higher than I really should spend. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how much wiggle room the dealer might have on that price.

Is your dealer charging normal list price for the optional items? If they are dealer installed, it costs more than if you had ordered the car similarly equipped from Japan. I know it seems easier to get these options at the time of purchase than to come up with several extra hundreds of dollars in cash to buy them outright over the counter, but...

All of these parts can be ordered at a discount from SubaruParts.com and other vendors. They are easily installed by you. Buying them cheaper (now or later) and installing them yourself reduces your payment and future interest you would have paid on a few hundred dollars worth of parts. This is how dealerships make money. It's like the concession stand at a movie theater or the mini-mart at the gas station.

The quoted price of the wagon sounds good to me, but I'm not familiar with your local dealership situation.

Good luck with your WRX wagon. Have fun!

--
^ww^
"...axles of evil..." - George W. Bush
Old 02-15-2003, 08:54 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Charles Mahan
Thanks for the help guys. I talked em down another $500 and only ordered the rear diff protector. I'll pickup the other stuff online. Jeesh that's a sweet car.

I think you did alright.

Here's another tip that may or may not be of interest to you. I plan to order this rear seat cupholder someday. Here's the funny part - Subaru doesn't offer a factory rear seat cupholder for the WRX, but you can order one just the same!

--
^ww^
"...axles of evil..." - George W. Bush